Salmon and Bonito in the Harbour

The Rev

Went out solo today. Tried hard to get a mate but no takers. Pity, great time on the water chucking lures. There were a heap of salmon and bonito and tailor underneath. Caught them all between Grotto point and middle head. At one stage there were seven boats surrounding a boiling water pot of fish smashing small bait fish. Lots of saltwater fly guys out there.

I ended up with 2 salmon and 2 ninnies round the 50 mark and a 40cm tailor. Lots of fun on light gear

The harbour is certainly get back to where it was before those raining storms came,

Cheers
The Rev

Just uploaded the photo of the catch

post-9863-0-59063600-1360554875_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Rev

The salmon hav been so thick for the past 2-3 weeks and the mac tuna have even showed up. We went out on tuesday water was very dirty which may account for the lack of bonnies and mac but the salmon were still out to play

Went out solo today. Tried hard to get a mate but no takers. Pity, great time on the water chucking lures. There were a heap of salmon and bonito and tailor underneath. Caught them all between Grotto point and middle head. At one stage there were seven boats surrounding a boiling water pot of fish smashing small bait fish. Lots of saltwater fly guys out there.

I ended up with 2 salmon and 2 ninnies round the 50 mark and a 40cm tailor. Lots of fun on light gear

The harbour is certainly get back to where it was before those raining storms came,

Cheers

The Rev

Hi Rev, i was out there on my own also yesterday might of seen you, i chucked every style of Lure i had at them yesterday and they didnt like any of them =, the fly guys beside me were pulling them in left right and centre. I couldnt believe how long they stayed up for and when they did go down it wasnt long before they popped back up again. What Lures were you using?

Your right The Rev, they sure are great fun on light gear. I was off South head a couple of weeks ago and we had a skeeter next to us fly fishing for slimies. They pulled about twice as many as we did. If only I could master the fly stick!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards Jeff

Hi 1mopar

I caught 2 trolling a red and white CD rapala - one a salmon and one a bonito

Caught all other three on a white metal slug about 35grams on 203CVZ millionaire bait castor(14lb). I lost 2 more on my soft plastics rod (6lb) that had a 25gram blue coloured metal.

Cheers