Session at Windang - Whiting and Flatties

quintrex480

Hi Raiders, haven't been to down to the dang for a while and a mate has been smashing the whiting and flatties and gave me the call up to join him and a couple of other mates on Friday night. Got the approval from the wife and headed down, first up was to get whiting candy (local prawns) and when they're running, it's like taking candy off a kid. Too easy! and was awesome fun!

Saved the big ones to eat and used the rest for bait. Spent the the next couple of hours bringing in some nice whiting and flatties. It was a nice change from the usual downrigging for kings and I almost forgot how relaxing LB fishing was.

post-16665-0-79553200-1360414189_thumb.jpg

post-16665-0-70388100-1360414214_thumb.jpg

Edited by quintrex480

Nice catch. I would have cancelled my fishing trip and cooked those prawns :mfr_lol:

Drove over Windang bridge a few weeks ago and had a quick stop off. Plenty of people fishing along the shoreline. Might have to give it a hit one day and see how my SP goes

Very good effort. Whitings are awsome.Taste unreal . Your efforts inspired me to go last night and even with your intel and your caught prawn, We only managed a whiting and a flathead and a few bust offs when lifting flatties up to the bridge.

It is pretty crowded on the bridge and plenty of snags. Maybe bring the boat next time.

Great session guys,the lake is firing.

Very nice feed coming up.Have you ever used live prawn in BB as your bait???

Chris.

Love them whitings ! The olds love them! they been complaining that I haven't been targeting them lately so they were quite pleased when I got them a few. Saved some prawns for the next session in the bay so see how I go with them.

You've gotta take me along so I can learn how to catch prawns!

Nothing to prawning mate, get a decent light and net, stand in the water and scoop them up as they flow past. Although I made the job a little easier as I was in the kayak using the electric, just motored around and scooped them up. If only squidding was just as easy! Lol

nice work

There were heaps of blue swimmers on friday night too

Yeah, there were heaps of swimmers coming past but were all undersize, think all the boats up the lake had already taken all the big ones. How did u go on Friday night?

Nice catch. I would have cancelled my fishing trip and cooked those prawns :mfr_lol:

Drove over Windang bridge a few weeks ago and had a quick stop off. Plenty of people fishing along the shoreline. Might have to give it a hit one day and see how my SP goes

We had plenty of bigs ones, just chuck them into some noodles! Yum!!

Yes, it does get pretty packed so get there early and bag a spot.

Very good effort. Whitings are awsome.Taste unreal . Your efforts inspired me to go last night and even with your intel and your caught prawn, We only managed a whiting and a flathead and a few bust offs when lifting flatties up to the bridge.

It is pretty crowded on the bridge and plenty of snags. Maybe bring the boat next time.

Too bad buddy, at least u got a feed. Like targeting kingies, effort needs to be put in to getting the 'candy'. And if the whiting and flatties are on the bite, you'll smash them. There were about 3 other groups fishing along side us but we were the only ones pulling in fish. Servo prawns or local fresh ones? Hmmmmm...

Yeah buddy, 2 boat convoy to the dang, next trip!

Edited by quintrex480

Nothing to prawning mate, get a decent light and net, stand in the water and scoop them up as they flow past. Although I made the job a little easier as I was in the kayak using the electric, just motored around and scooped them up. If only squidding was just as easy! Lol

Yeah, there were heaps of swimmers coming past but were all undersize, think all the boats up the lake had already taken all the big ones. How did u go on Friday night?

Were you there on Friday night? Saw two guys with two yaks prawning

I caught 3 legals off a little hole which was ok and we spotted a 90+ cm one which Jayson couldn't tempt

Caught up with jaysondanielgraham who I think landed 4 before his wife and inlaws decided to pack it up