Port Stephens report - Wednesday 13th Feb

REEF MAGIC CHARTERS

Well we finally got out today to start our charter season at Port after some cancellstions due to bad weather.

The water is still dirty inshore but plenty of nice slimeys around. It was hard work finding fish but managed the day 2-2-1 on little blacks on live baits. The first was a nice little 20kg model on spin gear & the second around 25kg but managed to jump him off after 5 minutes..

Back out tomorrow so will report what's happening. Weather looks great for the rest of the week & for the shootout.

Cheers

Damo

Sorry for the late reply.. worked the gibber back to Broughton in & out today & didn't see or mark a fish. Heard of over 40 other boats out today & heard 1 fish caught. How 2 days can be so different!

You will find em scratchie just keep looking. We are going to go wider tomorrow as that clean water is out in 500 fathoms. Hopefully will find some stripes or a blue tomorrow. You will get us on 21... when Mike remembers to turn the volume up!

Weather still looks great so hopefully the current will back off a bit & a few fish will turn up for the Shootout!

Good luck guys

Cheers

Damo

Sorry for the late reply.. worked the gibber back to Broughton in & out today & didn't see or mark a fish. Heard of over 40 other boats out today & heard 1 fish caught. How 2 days can be so different!You will find em scratchie just keep looking. We are going to go wider tomorrow as that clean water is out in 500 fathoms. Hopefully will find some stripes or a blue tomorrow. You will get us on 21... when Mike remembers to turn the volume up!Weather still looks great so hopefully the current will back off a bit & a few fish will turn up for the Shootout!Good luck guysCheersDamo

Cheers damo, lets hope this bit of rain forecast for the weekend doesn't come in cos the wind, swell etc looks good!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Hi Damo thinking about making my way up early tomorrow, will be my first time taking the boat up there so hopefully we can raise a marlin or two. Couple of questions! I have all the marks for up there however was wondering if you could tell me where/what marks are good for a jig for kings? Also where is the best ramp to launch the boat? And lastly could you point me in the direction of bait grounds in close? Cheers mate and tight lines...

Hi Damo thinking about making my way up early tomorrow, will be my first time taking the boat up there so hopefully we can raise a marlin or two. Couple of questions! I have all the marks for up there however was wondering if you could tell me where/what marks are good for a jig for kings? Also where is the best ramp to launch the boat? And lastly could you point me in the direction of bait grounds in close? Cheers mate and tight lines...

I can help you with the bait grounds. As soon as you get out the heads on the right of tomaree headland. Caught about 40 in 20mins in the 14-15m mark. Stick 50m from the rocks.

Also at the back of cabbage tree island. It is a sanctuary zone but is zoned for bait fishing.

As far as boat ramps go depending the size of your boat, the best is soldiers point for larger and little beach for most sizes. Soldiers is however 12km to headland but is a good ramp!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks Scratchie! Changed my mind about coming up in the morning, will head off Sydney see if i can raise one down here. Some good looking water off Sydney so i will leave Port Stephens for another week or two, hopefully it will get better up your way in the next couple of weeks and then i will be around. Cheers