Anyone been out in Jervis bay of late (everyone please read, need opinions from members about reporting)

possumms

Not a fishing report

Sure it's not a report when I asked the question but the guys helping myself and another raiders out by giving there reports of what is happening ARE REPORTS

Thanks to the raider members for your reports, it's expensive to tow a boat from sydney to Jervis to catch nothing when there is zilch around

Guest hawkesbass

If they are helpfull raider members they would post here their own reports from outings you asked a question which should be in fishing chat as under the header when you open up the fishing reports page it states only fishing reports so by you asking a question it is not a report

moved this to fishing chat

In future hawkesbass you or any other member might want to alert a moderator or admin if you think a post is in the wrong place rather than arguing the point in a thread

We are the only people that CAN actually do anything about moving it and we don't get to read every post and may miss it.

moved this to fishing chat

In future hawkesbass you or any other member might want to alert a moderator or admin if you think a post is in the wrong place rather than arguing the point in a thread

We are the only people that CAN actually do anything about moving it and we don't get to read every post and may miss it.

Hi there mrsswordfisherman with no disrespect to you but to ask a question that leads to a report is still reporting, I know myself that I myself don't read the fishing chat looking for reports and to be honest I don't read the fishing chat that often manly due to time restraints and you will problley find that a lot of raiders don't altho they will read the reports often, there are times like this with my post that other raider members will give a report once prompted, the site has a mod post that states members need to step up and report I also know that I myself see someone asking for a report ill give mine even if I got a zilch catch, I don't often report if I caught nothing and you will also find this is the same with a lot of members but again a lot of members will report it if they see the reporting question asked even if they caught nothing, this help members like me save a lot of time and money in fuel costs reading or asking questions that lead to reports..

Please other member that read this give an opinion I think it's worth asking a question that leads to reports in the reporting section of the forum

Thanks for reading and giving your opinion

Thanks for your time reading this mrsswordfisherman

It's a hard call, I don't mind people asking whats happening where in fishing reports cause really I don't look at fishing chat overly too much, if replies get made that have depth and volume to them and the thread doesn't get taken over then is there really a harm??

well I spose everyone will want Fishing Reports to turn into a whole lot of posts with no information except questions like that. Having separate sections on the forum helps with information management. Are you suggesting that we just remove Fishing Chat and whack everything into the reports section?

If there was something going on there then reports would be posted wouldn't they???? There is either no info or the members do not want to share it!!

In my experience members do not help people that do not share or contribute but only ask for info.

As I advised possumms it is a good idea to read and use the search function on here. PM the guys that are from that area or who fish that area.

I'm in no way implying to remove fishing chat, a lot of members don't post reports for one reason or another be it lack if time or what not, some guys ask questions to see if its worthwhile heading where they are planning, and although the search function is great but for examples sake when we were in drought mode searches might turn up very different stories, alot if guys never bother with fishing chat they tag their questions onto reports, I do understand the stance on reports is for reports but I can see the flip side of the coin

Edited by brettmann

hey donna if I want to report something like- say.... stewy only catches blackfish when I put him on to them..... what section would I put that in?

:banana: ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!

pete

Your already a mentor Pete, but special dispensation will be given to you cos it was Stewy. Ans a new section will be added. Helping the terminally helpless. :hug:

Reports only in reports section and other fishing stuff including questions about how area is fishing in chat, not reports. I've deleted a few posts because of this because I get tired of constantly moving them into correct section, especially repeat offenders.