oil leak problem still

petdos

Hi to all,placed a thread about my motor leaking oil when tillted all the way back ,some ideas came back and i have checked to see whats going on ,result was ,found leaking from oil resivuor cover seal replaced now thats fine watched it for a few hours nothing so i thought i had it but next morning the well was full of oil again,re filled resy and waited ,took a while but it came out of all three carbies ,question is what cuases this and how to fix many thanks for help,sorry for novel,pete.ps sorry its a 1995/ 75 oil injected mercury. :banana:

From All three carbys makes it sound like the oil system is holding pressure or there is a problem with the metering system. I would be taking it to someone who is very familiar with the oil injection system. Getting it wrong will be deadly to the motor.

Guest Aussie007

petdos, huey does mercury engines send him a PM i think it could be a failed oil injection pump? since its releasing excessive oil that could be a default as not to run a engine without oil and seize

i once didnt know much about outboards i picked up a beauty pongress boat with a nice oil injected 40hp engine which was running great the seller had removed the oil injection pump he didnt go into details on what had to be done so i ran the engine as is made it 300 meters down stream and seized the engine

so dont mess with it you self unless your totally confident u know what your doing or u know the consequences

Hi, the oil injection system on your 75HP is pretty bullet proof so I would not be disconnecting it if it was my engine. If you have fuel/oil leaking from the carbies, then they are flooding and they need to be serviced by someone who knows what they are doing and fit new needle/seat and adjust the things that need to be done in there. Also the check valve and oil adjustment wants to be checked and using cheap oil will also leave more of a mess once the fuel evaperates. I would use XD-50 as a min in that engine or better yet XD-100 if you want the best oil.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi, on the Merc side they have Premuim, Premuim Plus and DFI oil and either of the first two is what you want to be using with the Premium Plus being the better oil. I would not use the DFI oil in that carby engine if that is what you mean by "mercury injection syntheyic" oil.

If you mean it leaks when tilted up then as I mentioned the needle and seats want to be looked at inclding correct float height.

Cheers,

Huey.