Blackfish at night? New pb

A.dawg

My mate just got back from overseas so went for a flick to catch up. He doesn't know how to fish so I thought I'll give him some bread to catch yakkas whilst I try for some squid. That's when he landed the first blackfish .Blackfish at night??? I quickly switched to a hook and we landed a total of 7 big blackfish I kept 5 mate kept 2 but among them are the biggest blackfish I've caught or seen. I could not find a ruler but guessing a minimum of 45 cm? We left them biting 2 am Has anyone caught blackfish at night? I was amazed thought I was going crazy.

post-9131-136124474154_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Guest hawkesbass

Yes can be caught at night have had success swapping too small prawn pieces once the sun goes down after fishing for them with weed nice size aswell too the ones you caught

nice one alan!! I have caught the occassional blackfish at night on small prawn pieces fishing for bream but never 7 at a time!

well done mate. that spot would be well worth a try in the day time with some weed.

pete.

Edited by tide'n'knots

We used to get plenty of the rocks when shallow gutters and pools on the ledges fill up with the tide. Bit of bread and no sinkers fishing 2ft of water and less. They get right up on top of the ledges on some spots.