Soft plastics for jewfish?

Hussein kobeissi

Plastics can be very effective at night mate! Definitely not wasting your time doing it at night.

I like the z-man 4" swimmers or curly tailz. Swimmers in red shad and black back shad, and curly tailz in motor oil or opening night. You've got your Squidgy 100mm fish and 5" + 7" jerkshads that are another good option. I also know people who swear by cheap pre rigged paddle tails.

As for retrieves; The most popular is probably a double flick/hop off the bottom then let it sink back down and repeat. I personally prefer 3-4 smaller flicks then let it sink. Either will work. Play around with a few different retrieves and you'll find what works best for you.

Put some time in and you'll hopefully get some results sooner rather than later.

Cheers, Tom

Edited by mulloway man

Plastics can be very effective at night mate! Definitely not wasting your time doing it at night.

I like the z-man 4" swimmers or curly tailz. Swimmers in red shad and black back shad, and curly tailz in motor oil or opening night. You've got your Squidgy 100mm fish and 5" + 7" jerkshads that are another good option. I also know people who swear by cheap pre rigged paddle tails.

As for retrieves; The most popular is probably a double flick/hop off the bottom then let it sink back down and repeat. I personally prefer 3-4 smaller flicks then let it sink. Either will work. Play around with a few different retrieves and you'll find what works best for you.

Put some time in and you'll hopefully get some results sooner rather than later.

Cheers, Tom

Spot on tom cant beat 100mm silver fox squidgie fish if just starting but also if there around they will hit almost any lure

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2