Tournament boats

locodave

Hi, Tournament make good honest boats, they are certainly not the best but they are not the worst either. I have used many and they do a good job for what they are intended to do.

Which model are you looking at?

Cheers,

Huey.

I'm seriously considering the 1800. Yes you might argue that they are not as good as a Signature, Seafarer,

Cruise Craft; these boats are pushing 60K for a 5.5m package which is a bit ridiculous. For what it's worth I

spoke to the GM and he said they have never had a problem with the hull integrity plus there is a 10 year

warrant.

I am looking at the Tournament 2000. I really want a boat where I can stay overnight.

Boats I was considering:

Cruise craft 595 Outsider - cabin too small

HHS 600/595 Profish - cabin too small I think. Can't seem to find one in nsw to view.

Haines Sig 602F

I have seen the T2000 and I'm pretty sure I liked it but would like to hear some stories.

I used to fish a tournament 1750 with a 135 on the back , safe and honest boat but you have to drive it like you stole it in rough water they like getting airborne. Never had a wave break over the side and fished in some wild weather. Look at fuel tank size if your looking at Bluewater fishing as they are quite small.

• 3 months later...

Mate bought one over a year ago, like your self he was skeptical at first , always thinking that cheaper is not as good as another make, after fishing of it for a number of times you will realize what a great boat they really are, not only do they have an excellent finish, they are a really a great boat, only thing i dont like is the seats , but that really is a personal thing , because i love very thick foam on a very wide seat , with a high back , so that if you are fishing for mulloway at night you are very comfortable, in years to come people will be comparing other boats to them , grab a bargain while you can, and get them to install small game chairs if you are a night fisherman, you will be very happy with this boat .

• 1 month later...

The 1800 Tournament is not just a longer boat than the 1750, it is also wider and as far as I am aware it also has a different bottom. Not sure where but the bottom on my 1800 looks fantastic with great chines and 21 degree dead rise.

Being out of action since I bought the boat (Damaged Achilles tendon that has me wearing a "moon boot" like Paul Gallen night and day) I have yet to try the boat out in a big sea but confident that it will be A1.

I originally tried to get a Seafarer Viking but the ones I looked at were just too dear. Also I had to sell my 5.1 Trailcraft Pro Fish which was taking some time. So when my local boat shop traded the Tournament which had only 60 hours on the motor and used only in Lake Jindabyne and offered me a realistic trade in I jumped and bought the Tournament. Since then one of the sellers of a Seafarer Viking rang me to ask if I was still interested in buying his boat. (I had offered less than what he was asking). too late, you snooze you lose!

I am even more happy with the 1800 having just learnt that Haines have purchased Tournament which (seeing that a large part of the value of a boat manufacturer lies with their boat moulds) can only mean that they are impressed with the hulls.

Meanwhile, until I can get out on the water I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has an 1800 and taken it out wide in a decent sea.

Cheers

Paikea

Good to hear you are happy with it! I just found out about Haines myself. So from now they will all be built out of the haines factory.

As for your ankle, good luck mate, i was in a similar situation before a year ago! You will be fine!

Maybe look at these too mate. A couple of years ago i was looking at upgrading to a newer fiberglass boat and was looking at Haines, Seafarer, Cruise craft, Tournament etc. I found this boat new which is Baysport Offshore 620. boat show price was $47000 with a 130 2 stroke yammy i got it with a 150 4 stroke for $55000 from memory brand new. the boat is very similar to the rest and with a good walk around step around cabin and for the price cant beat it in my opinion. Doesnt have the bells and whistles as the rest but you can option it out as you want it.

I have caught plenty of quality fish out of it now and can fish well offshore and take it on the freshwater lakes when i want to. it has a good soft ride and stable at rest. Let me know if you want anymore info.

Dave

post-17313-0-67104600-1374376623_thumb.jpg

post-17313-0-17297100-1374377366_thumb.jpg

post-17313-0-97470800-1374377510_thumb.jpg

post-17313-0-04143400-1374377844_thumb.jpg