New Tinny need advice please.

AGP

Hi Raiders,

I just bought a new Tinny and am in the process of getting it set up with Livie tank, Sounder, Lights etc.

i plan on attempting to install the sounder and Live bait system this weekend and have some questions I hope someone can help me with.

In my previous boat the guy I bought it off had welded two aluminium brackets at the rear of the boat. 1 to screw the sounders transducer to and 1 on the other side to screw the live tanks bilge pump to. These brackets avoided the need of drilling holes in the boat.

My question is do I need to go to the trouble of having these brackets welded on to hold the bilge and transducer or can i just drill into the rear of the boat and fix them this way??

In that case would I need to bolt them on and use sikaflex? Any input would be appreciated as im not sure where to go with this.

Cheers.

Hi Raiders,

I just bought a new Tinny and am in the process of getting it set up with Livie tank, Sounder, Lights etc.

i plan on attempting to install the sounder and Live bait system this weekend and have some questions I hope someone can help me with.

In my previous boat the guy I bought it off had welded two aluminium brackets at the rear of the boat. 1 to screw the sounders transducer to and 1 on the other side to screw the live tanks bilge pump to. These brackets avoided the need of drilling holes in the boat.

My question is do I need to go to the trouble of having these brackets welded on to hold the bilge and transducer or can i just drill into the rear of the boat and fix them this way??

In that case would I need to bolt them on and use sikaflex? Any input would be appreciated as im not sure where to go with this.

Cheers.

No you dont have to weld them, there's brackets available you can screw on, but if you choose to weld them on, you can.

Fishingphase

Hi, what is the ponit of bolting on a trandsucer bracket to then bolt the transducer onto this bracket. If you do not weld these brackets on, which is the best way, then just bolt the transducer directly to the bolt, either way you need to drill holes in the boat and then use Sikaflex to seal-it will eithr be the bracket or just the transducer.

Cheers,

Huey.