Middle harbour schoolies

mimyo

Well done mate!

Awesome effort! Tailor is a gun bait for jew as I discovered last year..

You've motivated me to get out chasing them on plastics landbased this afternoon.

Cheers, Tom

Thanks guys,

Last night was insane, all I had with me was some stale bread which i used for a bit of burley and bait. Sounded up a heap of bait, anchored over them and caught yakkas, the tailor were easily biting thru the 6lb. So out comes the 30lb handline and strips of yakka to catch the bigger tailor. Then they were stripped and sent to the bottom were the schoolies were swarming but were biting very timidly. Leaving the rods in the holder wasn't working, had to fish with only 1 and feel the bite then strike!

How did you go today Tom?

Thanks guys, Last night was insane, all I had with me was some stale bread which i used for a bit of burley and bait. Sounded up a heap of bait, anchored over them and caught yakkas, the tailor were easily biting thru the 6lb. So out comes the 30lb handline and strips of yakka to catch the bigger tailor. Then they were stripped and sent to the bottom were the schoolies were swarming but were biting very timidly. Leaving the rods in the holder wasn't working, had to fish with only 1 and feel the bite then strike! How did you go today Tom?

Yeah not too well. My spot is very hit and miss and this was one of the miss occassions. Apart from a few average flatties not a touch.

Hopefully things pick up soon.

Cheers, Tom