South Sydney FAD missing

Simda

Went out Sunday afternoon with the kids all excited to catch some Dollies after watching last weeks fising WA program

Day started good as I finally managedto get some live baitin botany. I mostly fish the harbour and am newish to fishing the bay. I have been going to the right place for yackers but what i learnt today is if you are even 5metersof the spot you get nothing

Was looking for the botany FAD but i now understand it is called sydney east FAD 9.5km from the bay

Went on fisheries website and found South Sydney FAD about 25km from the bay, so entered it into the Chart plotter and away we went

After 1 and a half hours we arrived at the spot, only one problem, the FAD is not there

Recheck Fisheries Website and it is not listed as missing, we were 100 % in the right place as it was also showing on my lorance HDS 10 and not listed as missing

Would have liked to troll the shelf but wife and kids, were not happy so headed back

Long drive back

No fish, no happy wife, no happy kids, lots of petrol

I really love fishing

That's unlucky mate. Don't know anything about the fad, but always look at the positives. You got yourself and the boat out fishing and you found livies! Weather was great too. Better luck next time.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Grant is spot on went out last week and the kiama fad was 90 degrees to the water. I would suggest just drifting a few hundred mtrs either side of the co ordinates and see how you go, but it's tough work with the current raging. Good luck next time

My mate deploys the FADS for fisheries so I will ask him if he has heard anything.

They do carry beacons so if it has broken away I think they can track,find them.

Paddy

Edited by Paddy454

My mate deploys the FADS for fisheries so I will ask him if he has heard anything.

They do carry beacons so if it has broken away I think they can track,find them.

Paddy

Thanks would be really good to know if it was under the water or just missing

Did not know the current could drag them under

Current was moving but not that bad

Grant is spot on went out last week and the kiama fad was 90 degrees to the water. I would suggest just drifting a few hundred mtrs either side of the co ordinates and see how you go, but it's tough work with the current raging. Good luck next time

Thanks for the advice will try that next time

Thanks would be really good to know if it was under the water or just missing

Did not know the current could drag them under

Current was moving but not that bad

I found out that it has moved 500 SW so you were close.

I was out at the Botany wide fad two wks ago and the current was pushing hard against it so much it was leaning over and hard to see.

Regards,

Paddy

I found out that it has moved 500 SW so you were close.

I was out at the Botany wide fad two wks ago and the current was pushing hard against it so much it was leaning over and hard to see.

Regards,

Paddy

Thanks for te followup

Not sure if it makes it better or worse, i think my kids are going to kill me when i tell them it was almost there

Not good that the cordinates were not updated on the fisheries website

Was a long round trip

Thanks again, at least I know it was not my chart plotter