Silver Trev in Silky Water

joking fish

My amigo gave sent me a text msg asking if I would like to go fishing. Naturally I obliged without hesitation. Newport here we go again. I arrived before my mate at about 4.10pm. It was sunny, less than 10 knotts of wind, little current on a rising tide heading into evening. To our disadvantage there was lots of tannin in the water from the heavy rains which fell over a week and a half ago. (Tannin, from what i've been told, is a substance in water comprised of of the ressin from leaves, branches and other plant matter. The result is a brown and muddy colouration of the water that is not ideal for fishing.) I managed to land a nice Blurter that was close to 37 cm. This would be a new PB and and a less than regular visitor at this spot. My buddy tells me you have to measure it from snout to the fork. "Its the law" he said. I was adamant it was fron snout to the end of the tail. either way it was a legal fish! Maybe some of you fish raiders can clarify this for me. Do you measure a fish from snout to tail or snout to fork? I told my pal that in competitions they measure from snout to fork but for recreational fishoes it was not the case. He wasn't convinced. I cooked the fish today with garlic, ginger, soya sauce and olive oil. It was very tasty. Hopefully the dirty water clears up soon. Also we occassionally saw some rat kingies busting up on the surface. We couldn't hook up but its nice to know they are there.

post-16627-0-93614800-1362971588_thumb.jpg