Kings Kings Kings and More Knigs

Basil D

Very impressive Groper, basil, or whoever you are. I'm yet to bag a king but given that you've only been fishing for a couple of years, it's given me hope of getting there too. Keep up the great fishing and keep the reports coming.

So to help a fellow raider out, what sort of gear were you using?

Very impressive Groper, basil, or whoever you are. I'm yet to bag a king but given that you've only been fishing for a couple of years, it's given me hope of getting there too. Keep up the great fishing and keep the reports coming.

So to help a fellow raider out, what sort of gear were you using?

or who ever I am ? ok Groper mate. I was using 80lb braid and 80lb leader.

Thats amazing You caught more knigs on one day then i have over the last 4 years Really impressed Congrats

Thanks Simda, it was a freakish day.

Again I raise the Question, We caught the Kings On yellow tail, Yellow tail were in Giant swarms yet when we cleaned the Fish their was no yellow tail in their guts?

Can any one shed light on this.

OK I Have some Info to share with anyone who want to catch Kings.

1.Live bait is Best, Calamari, yakas or Slimies are best.

2 hours before high tide right through to 2 hours after high tide is best.

3.Morning Big High tide will put on the big boys.

4.Down rig 2/3rds down of the depth your fishing.

5.Delicate the day to king fish if that's what your after.

6.Use the right gear, big Kings 80lb lines 80 to 100lb leaders and a rod to match.

* Im no expert and These tips all have come from fellow Raiders or people I fished with or asked questions on the water.

Good luck with it all.

Edited by Groper

Hi Groper;

What can I say? What an experience you guys had! While you and Cris were fishing, I was slavering away at work. Did you know how jealous I was while on the phone to Cris and at the back ground I could hear your ratchet going. I knew I should have been sick that day.

Anyway, congrats on the catch to you both and thanks for a good feed of kingfish as Cris gave me one of his.

I have a feeling I'll be sick sometimes next week.