fishing in Fiji

marlin_dc

Hi Raiders,

Me and the parthner are looking at going to Fiji in April and staying at Shangri La Fiji. Unfortunately its not a full fishing trip but I am tempted to bring a set of tackle to wet a line. I have heard that fishing from shore is not allowed any more. Is there any truth in that? If not suggestions to locations and tackle suggestions woould be greatly appreciated. I will also be keen on a fishing charter which I am sure I could convince the parthner to spend a day out on a trip with the possibility of some decent fish. Any suggestions on a decent charter which would not cost me an arm and a leg? All suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

regards

Darryl

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm heading over with my wife and 10 month old for a week in July, she's keen on the Outrigger on the Coral coast, It's not a fishing trip as such but I was hoping I'd be able to take a travel rod and get out for a fishing shore based or from a kayak for a morning or two. I've had a search of the forums but have only been able to find suggestion shore based fishing isn't allowed but nothing concrete, any info would be appreciated. I'd also consider freshwater options, I've read there are jungle perch. I have a light weigh inflatable packraft ( like a kayak) that i can take but it wouldn't be much use around the coral!

Cheers,

Gus