Okuma Salina 3 10000 anti reverse failure

lostproperty

So getting my gear ready for an outing tomorrow and I felt my new reel have backwinding even though the anti reverse switch is on so i turn it off and on again and complete failure of the anti reverse gearing an it's just free winding !!! I'm gutted as you can imagine as I was rigging it up in hope of tackling some big fish grrrrr now gotta take it back and hope my crappy penn real doesn't get demolished by something

Has anyone else had this happen or am I stupidly unlucky ?

So getting my gear ready for an outing tomorrow and I felt my new reel have backwinding even though the anti reverse switch is on so i turn it off and on again and complete failure of the anti reverse gearing an it's just free winding !!! I'm gutted as you can imagine as I was rigging it up in hope of tackling some big fish grrrrr now gotta take it back and hope my crappy penn real doesn't get demolished by something

Same thing happened to my brother.

Fishingphase

Same thing happened to my brother.

Fishingphase

Gay, what did they do ? Repair or replace the reel?

It happened while we were fishing, he had a look at it himself, and got it going somehow, I know he he shouldn't have but he did.

You should take yours back to the store you got it from.

Fishingphase

It happened while we were fishing, he had a look at it himself, and got it going somehow, I know he he shouldn't have but he did.

You should take yours back to the store you got it from.

Fishingphase

Definitely will be be man not happy at all with it I've only fished with it once!

I had a Okuma V system which did the same but that turned out to be my fault as i put too much grease when the handle screws in the body, which can cause this issue, had it cleaned at the tackle store which fixed the problem. But if no extra grease has gone in that area its a shame to happen to a reel with limited use.

• 2 weeks later...