Teaching refugee kids to fish

arif

Hi

My partner works with refugee students in the Liverpool area. She was talking about a particular young man who has been fishing in the river in Liverpool as his only real form of recreation and lamenting that the fish are no longer there as the breeding season has ended. I just wanted to run the idea of partnering some of these kids with experienced fishos to show them the ropes but also offer them the opportunity to get out and experience life in Australia from a perspective they do not get the chance to see.

Any ideas, comments, suggestions, potential issues would be appreciated.

Thanks

Arif

I work with kids as part of my job and if you want to do this sort of thing, the Working with Children check is just scratching the surface!!

got your Public Liability and Professional Indemnity ready? ours' costs us about $32,000 per annum!

the way you can do it is to organise a fishing day and invite local organisations to join you.

although you'd still need Public Liability etc... it's less of a burden because it's up to the organisation to supply caretakers for the children and their own insurance

Edited by puppydawg

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...