Mulloway and the Highway

CarlRak

Raiders,

With Easter on its’ way I hatched a plan to see a few friends, catch some goliath silver fish on lures and then report back. Instead I did a bunch of driving (with some great company), lost plenty of lures, lost a potential goliath fish (or at least I’d love to think it was) and managed to catch some small silver fish and then cooked some of them.

Nonetheless a great weekend.

Friday, baby jewies on bream gear in the wash:

post-18853-0-63541100-1364986825_thumb.jpgpost-18853-0-02159600-1364986930_thumb.jpgpost-18853-0-39276300-1364986990_thumb.jpg

Four Fingers with his first tailor on a spinner:

post-18853-0-64503500-1364987109_thumb.jpg

Saturday sunrise:

post-18853-0-03612400-1364987193_thumb.jpg

Another lure/fish gone:

post-18853-0-32423800-1364987690_thumb.jpg

Camp:

post-18853-0-97838300-1364988888_thumb.jpgpost-18853-0-17890200-1364988980_thumb.jpg

Sunday afternoon bream:

post-18853-0-83087900-1364989310_thumb.jpg

Sunday evening bream:

post-18853-0-26848100-1364989358_thumb.jpg

Monday special:

post-18853-0-91744300-1364989412_thumb.jpg

Nibbles

Nice catch and scenery looks like you guys had a good time. That location would have to be around mid north coast say between port Macquarie and coffs harbour. The rocks are the volcanic variety which are not the local geography. Where exactly is that spot if you don't mind me asking?

Hey Nibbles,

Mate that photo of you conducting an orchestra on the rocks there - what a great shot.

The baton looks suspiciously like a fishing rod and you also look like you are singing a mean vabrado.

LOL !

That is a great photo and I would FRAME that one.

The "power and the passion" is what it should be called.

The power of the fish.

The passion of the angler as he screams at the sky!

You know we have seen countless scenes on TV where lure caught fish escape but the host takes it so well that they nearly laugh.

That just peeves me off because they are holding in the anger, the frustration, the expletives, the passion.....

They are FAKING it !

Why can't they just do what you did ?

Let it all out !

Actually one guy does it properly.

Robson Green on "Extreme Fishing"....

His show is rated M+.....

...and for good reason....

they don't bleep out anything......

Love his show......

So do my kids !

Tony

Looks like a great weekend with friends. I chuckled when I saw that photo of the loss of a lure/fish. :)

I chuckled too, well, a day later.

Nice catch and scenery looks like you guys had a good time. That location would have to be around mid north coast say between port Macquarie and coffs harbour. The rocks are the volcanic variety which are not the local geography. Where exactly is that spot if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks. Where exactly? It's not so hard to find, just drive around the area a bit. First few pics are from the mid-north coast. Bream and blackfish from Hawkesbury sandstone ledges. PM sent.

Soapies on bream gear would have given you some curry especially in that wash.

Jeff

I was dancing...over the rocks.....much to the amusement of nearby surfers.

Love the "before and after" pictures :-)

Thanks, tasted good too.

Hey Nibbles,

Mate that photo of you conducting an orchestra on the rocks there - what a great shot.

The baton looks suspiciously like a fishing rod and you also look like you are singing a mean vabrado.

LOL !

That is a great photo and I would FRAME that one.

The "power and the passion" is what it should be called.

The power of the fish.

The passion of the angler as he screams at the sky!

You know we have seen countless scenes on TV where lure caught fish escape but the host takes it so well that they nearly laugh.

That just peeves me off because they are holding in the anger, the frustration, the expletives, the passion.....

They are FAKING it !

Why can't they just do what you did ?

Let it all out !

Actually one guy does it properly.

Robson Green on "Extreme Fishing"....

His show is rated M+.....

...and for good reason....

they don't bleep out anything......

Love his show......

So do my kids !

Tony

Tony,

Not sure if I should be proud of said passion or slightly embarressed. Mind you, it's doing the rounds amoungst friends (thanks Four Fingers) and I think i'm emotionally somewhere in-between.

But that's it. Emotion, passion, values and conviction. Maybe we got a little philosphical in the car on the way up. Maybe I've read too many touching tales on this forum.....

And your comparison to Mr Green, well, he is an actor by trade is he not?

Nibbles

Edited by Nibbles