Deep dropping

billseeker

Saw a couple of boats out there a week ago. We didn't stop for a drop but one guy was holding up a nice Blue eye for a photo when we went past. Current running uphill at the moment but not too hard and we could see some fish on the bottom on the sounder but weather and current have made it tough. I would expect if the current hasn't picked up there would be a few fish there this weekend. Sorry no specific reports but given the weather I don't think many have been trying.

I was out on Monday last week. We had fresh southern calamari for bait and we got nuthin. Current was going up hill at 1.5/1.9 knots water was shit but temp was at 24 and heaps of bait around. Don't waste your fuel n. time until the current runs down hill again. Big eddy is stuffing up the blue water of sydney for us again.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone deep dropping tomorrow. Great conditions with good wind and high barometer. Can anyone tell me what the current is like out there lately?

Definitely going so will report tomorrow arvo if not too late.

Dave

Boys

was out there Saturday. very little current so could get to the bottom no dramas. Anyway 3 drops for 3 lost rigs. To top it all off, second drop the break aways didnt work and my braid broke near the top. Very annoying. Proceeded to spend the next 5 hours trolling for doughnuts. Saw 2 marlin being played. One right on Browns and a stripe of about 120kg to the east of Browns. One of those days I guess.

Johno