Orange

covanova

Hi Guys -

Off to visit my inlaws in Orange and will have a bit of time to myself (hopefully). Besides Canobolas (where I haven't had any luck) are there any spots/regions anyone can throw my way? Any reports of fish biting out there?

Thanks!!!

Fished around Orange last week on the fly with out any luck...except for 2 small redfin at Ophir....there I did see one large trout rise near the big snag on the right as you stand on the causeway but couldn't get him. A couple of locals camping told me they heard fish rising the night before. I fished a few small creeks but wouldn't recommend them. The best water I saw on the trip was the Belebula River but had a little one sleeping in the back of the car and couldn't stop. Good luck.

Thanks rockie! I tried the belabula yesterday downstream from mandurama. It looked fantastic but sadly I couldn't get a trout (on spinners). Maybe it's the time of year or skill (likely the latter) all I got was a small Redfin. There was a lot of sun on the water but I didn,t see a single swirl or rise. I don't know if it has been stocked in a while but as I say it looked fantastic- flowing fast and with lots of fast flowing falls oxygenating the water. Maybe October?