lost my fav fishing gear

fisholb

hi raiders. im still very sad i lost my fav fishing gear. heres the story. me n my mate decided to hit avoca rocks last sunday. one of my mate told me sat night that avoca is still got bonito. got to avoca around 5am. d spot was already packed. straight to our spot n i decided to try out some of d lures i just bought. after 2hrs still havent caught anything so decided to use bait. fishos close to us were catching bonito n salmon on pilchards n yakkas. cast my 1st pilchard on float n after about 10mins i landed my 1st bonito. quickly bled n put d bonito on d esky. sent my 2nd pilly n after a while qot another bite but lost it on d way up. i was busting so decided to cast my 3rd pilly on put d rod in one of d holes on d rocks. decided to quick go n take a leak. while i was taking a leak i turned around yo check my rod n i saw this massive wave hit d rocks. i quickly went back n check my rod n it was gone. i forgot to put a rope on my rod. i was totally devastated n went into shock. i just couldnt believe it. my gear was gone. taken by d wave.

Lessons learnt...

I've had gear:

Taken by waves

Made useless by sand

Banged on the rocks

Taken by fish

Broken by my own carelessness

Broken by other people's carelessness and

Lost because I've forgotten it...

Life goes on, don't beat yourself up.

Fishingphase

Times x 2

Cheers scratchie!!!

thats bad luck ive done almost samething cast out ,place in fav crevice ,taken to remove undersize fish off my mothers line turned around & watched it javelin out 10 or 20 mts into the ocean ,then sat & watched rod & large overhead skip across the waves till it

was out of eyesight (must of been something BIG & fast ) ,its heartbreaking :( but guess you wont be doing that again , proper protocol would be to leave line ready ,go for leak then come back proceed to cast and HOLD THAT ROD ive even been able to get hooks on to a bucket handle that was behind me & proceeded to throw bucket and all out into the foamy wash with KEYS for the car ,plus tackle in the damn bucket ,old man was not happy :mad3: , Its happened to plenty of ppl

Lessons learnt...

I've had gear:

Taken by waves

Made useless by sand

Banged on the rocks

Taken by fish

Broken by my own carelessness

Broken by other people's carelessness and

Lost because I've forgotten it...

Life goes on, don't beat yourself up.

Fishingphase

yes learned the hard way i suppose...could have been worst...d wave could have taken me as well...

thats bad luck ive done almost samething cast out ,place in fav crevice ,taken to remove undersize fish off my mothers line turned around & watched it javelin out 10 or 20 mts into the ocean ,then sat & watched rod & large overhead skip across the waves till it

was out of eyesight (must of been something BIG & fast ) ,its heartbreaking :( but guess you wont be doing that again , proper protocol would be to leave line ready ,go for leak then come back proceed to cast and HOLD THAT ROD ive even been able to get hooks on to a bucket handle that was behind me & proceeded to throw bucket and all out into the foamy wash with KEYS for the car ,plus tackle in the damn bucket ,old man was not happy :mad3: , Its happened to plenty of ppl

Yes...u r right...can happen to anyone...1st time i lost my rod n reel...hope wont happen again...