NORTHERN BEACHES HOT WHITING SESSION

slam354

Hi Raiders. Upon recommendation from a good friend who goes fishing practically all the time and is in the know he suggested that I try one of the more remote northern beaches on Tuesday afternoon frequented hardly by any anglers and from his past results there I thought I should give it a go. Using live beachworms I arrived there around 2.00pm high tide was around 6.00pm and found a suitable gutter. Not a soul to be seen except for a few surfers and the locals going for their walks. The swell was a solid metre that's how I like it from past experience if it is too flat all you get is rays and pest fish.. I was only using about half an ounce of lead as I like to have the bait move around and as there was not too much drift it was the perfect arrangement.

Now back to the fishing lets just say I was not disappointed and this outing was one of the best I have had for a long time. First cast if the day produced a bream of around 29cm good start for the day. Second cast produced a flathead of around 39cm great I thought. Maybe I will get my hat trick next cast well I was right up comes up a nice whiting. Didn't want to jinx myself so I went back to my bag and sat down and had a sandwich. Went back to fishing the time was now around 3.00pm and no hits for an hour. I persevered and from 4.00pm and beyond the fish came on with a vengeance with fish biting freely till around 9.00pm and finally gave it away because I had reached my bag limit for whiting. I actually caught 25 whiting so the remainder were released just as well I was using long shank hooks ,and secondly I ran out of bait which hasn't happened for a while. Its good when everything goes to plan for a change. It makes you forget the donut days .Cheers Steve.

post-13936-0-25744600-1366854113_thumb.jpg

Edited by slam354

Well done mate...just wanna know which rig n bait did u use if u dont mind...thank u very much

The rig I used on this occasion is a running ball sinker lumo bead then swivel and most importantly a short trace around 12 to18 inches max.this is to minimise tangles around the line.12 pound mono. The other rig I use is the paternoster rig bomb sinker and 2 droppers 1st one about a metre up the line and second one around the same distance apart. Length of dropper around 6 inches. As I am using an Alvey dont forget the swivel above the trace to avoid line twist. I find both rigs work really well the latter is good if there is a lot of surge and movement in the sea. Hope this helps.

The rig I used on this occasion is a running ball sinker lumo bead then swivel and most importantly a short trace around 12 to18 inches max.this is to minimise tangles around the line.12 pound mono. The other rig I use is the paternoster rig bomb sinker and 2 droppers 1st one about a metre up the line and second one around the same distance apart. Length of dropper around 6 inches. As I am using an Alvey dont forget the swivel above the trace to avoid line twist. I find both rigs work really well the latter is good if there is a lot of surge and movement in the sea. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info mate...really sppreciate it....