Lake parramatta

LungFai

Thought I'd give it a go today after dropping if the wife at work.

Had the corn out and the bread. Caught some kind of fish with a yellow belly but the carp I was after was a no show.

Has anyone been there lately and caught carp?

Also saw some type of fish break water that had a big tail fin.

2.5 hours for a few yellow belly, time to head back to the salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats not too bad. I went there a while back trying to catch anything there, on fly and on baits. No luck. The ducks kept stealing all the carp burley I put in. I read yellow belly.... surely there isn't yellow belly's in that lake? Did you fish just at the car park or did you hike around.

I am Surprised there is much in there i thought only carp lived in those waters...

Is it clean enough yet to actually introduce some freshwater species worth catching yet does anyone know ?

Being that it flows in to parra river and not from it the water once clean should stay that way.

That's the theory. I think they tried to clean it a while back and in 03 it was stocked. Problem is because its so easily accessible and located where it is, run off from big rains etc will push alot of rubbish and oil and other crap off the roads on the north end into the lake. Ontop of that people go there and throw crap into the water, dump their rubbish there and then you've got those who have no respect for fishing and will keep every single fish they pull out of there. I recall it was stocked with about 5000 bass. Theres probably nothing left. There was some algae in there which killed alot of the fish off. Lets hope the DPI releases some information, and fish, into that lake soon.

Also how much of the heavier shit is stuck in the sediment at the bottom of the lake is also a concern for pollution. That shit doesn't go away unless its dredged out.

Fish with a yellow belly, pointy face, may have been a perch, 20cm long or so, not to familiar with fresh water fish.

Fished at the car park area, rock platform with a few snags just in front.

I'll give it another go, gotta find a carp area where the kids and wives can have a picnic and lake parramatta is a swell place to chill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk