Quintrex Escape 455

adkel53

Hi RaIders,

I'm thinking of up grading my boat and have been looking at the Quintrex 455 Escape as a possibility. Would be buying second hand - something from around 2000 onwards and in the 12-15 grand range.

Anyone own/had experience with this boat? What sized motor would you recommend? (Quintrex recommends 40 hp with a maximum of 60). Quite a few seem to have 40 hp Yamaha 2 strokes on them. Any thoughts on this motor? Any other recommendations for a similar sized aluminium boat (4.5 to 4.6 metres) from another manufacturer?

Any help/suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers

Kel

40 would be too small mate. I'd want atleast at 50-60hp. A 40 would push it fine with 1 person in it, throw say, a small family, fishing gear or 2 other keen anglers a bait tank etc and you'll find you'll have problems, it'll struggle to push the boat through the water (also using more fuel).

I can't comment on Quinnies or any other boat brand in that size range for that matter besides my Ally Craft. It's a pretty good size, really ideal for fishing inshore/bays and stuff and if you want to head out on a good day it can do it too. We paid 15k for it, 2005 model with a 60hp 4 stroke (42hours).

Most boat brands are pretty good these days, as long as you don't get suckered into buying a motor that is too small for the boat, i'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Any questions/pictures or anything just ask or flick me a PM !

-166_zpse209cd43.jpg

IMG_7544_zps518e1be7.jpg

Cheers

Kel A lot of boats , especially in this size are sold as package deals & to make them attractive , price wise , dealers fit the least expensive motor which , in this case , is a 40hp 2S

I agree with Quintrex101 when he says ,

40 would be too small mate. I'd want at least at 50-60hp. A 40 would push it fine with 1 person in it, throw say, a small family, fishing gear or 2 other keen anglers a bait tank etc and you'll find you'll have problems, it'll struggle to push the boat through the water (also using more fuel).

Stay away from the 40hp , a 50hp would be OK & a 60hp would be great but suspect finding a 60hp would be rather rare.

No one has ever complained about having too much power

As for the boat , most well known brands of the same vintage would be similar , focus on the motor then on the boat not the other way around

Geoff

Edited by Geoff

Guest Aussie007

the stacer seahawks are nice boats a mate has one i often go out in, 5 of us went out in it about 2 weeks ago has a 40hp mercury got up and went well with heaps of power, boat handles very nicely and its roomy