Darwin Fishing

rednut

Hi All,

First post to the forum.

I went up to Darwin late last month with some of the boys and we had a great time despite the lack of runoff rains.

Fished the mouth of the Mary River for Barra, Threadfin and Jewfish.

If you get the chance its worth the effort. The scenery and wildlife is amazing. The sense of vast expanse is something that you don't seem to get here in Sydney.

Anyway I've posted a clip on Youtube if your interested in having a look at the fishing.

Cheers,

Threadfin are great fresh, the local chef cooked them for us and it was delicious! Mind you after a hot day in the sun and mixed with cold beer it all tastes great. They say they don't freeze well. I brought some home that's still in the freezer so I'll give it a go and see.

Excellent video mate I wondered if you were using those video sun glasses, any way well shot an edited. The overdub of the music was probably a good thing as if it was anything like my video's there is a lot of swearing due to all the excitement ha ha.

Great fish Threadfin Salmon, Black Jew and Barramundi. I did the Mary River in 2006 and your movie brought a tear to the eye, best thing I've ever done.

Tried the South Alligator river 2 years ago, probably better fishing but the Mary had better scenery.

Great stuff, think I'll watch it again.

cheers Steve.

Hi Guys,

The video was taken on a GoPro Hero 2 with a 'chesty' mount. I've used a head mount before but you get giddy watching it. The chest mount give a bit of rod action which I like.

The soundtrack is not my ideal - I've used a "royalty free" song to avoid the copyright problem on Youtube with the songs I've dubbed in on my personal edit.

The editing software is just iMovie which is excellent and easy to use.

Regards,

Glen