Rope splicers

Slink

Hi All ,

I have double braid anchor rope which is unreal as any knot comes undone really easy and it lays very well in the boat. I also have a cut in the rope that needs to be repaired , do you know anyone who is able to repair this type of rope ?

Cheers

Thanks fishingphase , I am not sure if it could be cut off and spliced again as the fibres might have tightened too much bit it would be good if someone could look at it and let me know. If not then I will just try one of your knots, which one do you prefer ?

Thanks mate

Ok, I read it the wrong way...

Depends how many strands the rope has, it's done quite easily with ropes containing 3-4 strands with 4 full tucks in each direction, and by the end of it your hands are tired. So important to unravel enough to complete the 4 full tucks and prevent straying of the strands by using electrical tape on natrual fibre ropes or burning the ends of the strands on synthetic ropes.

It's not hard, you just have to look it up.

Fishingphase

Hmmm.... how many strands in your double braid, Slink? Does it have a multi-strand core too?

I learnt to splice 3, 4 and 5 strand line (rope) and had trouble initially. Once you get the hang of it it becomes very easy. My girlfriend took to it naturally and ended up teaching me in the end!! I don't know how I'd go with 8 - 12 strands, or does double-braid have even more than that?

I would go buy some cheap line from your local hardware store (cheaper than Whitworths) and practice a bit before you start cutting up your expensive stuff. There are loads of videos explaining how to splice on line.

Good luck!

Justin