Where Is....

Guest Jocool

That would be Wingercarribee Dam in the Southern Highlands.

EDIT: second thoughts, maybe not, but I still recognise it. Maybe it's the angle the pic has been taken from. :1prop:

Edited by Hooky.

Guest bluecod
Looks like Thompsons Creek Dam looking back towards the Dam Wall.

I could be wrong as last time I got to that area I was almost crawing.

Regards :1fishing1:

60799[/snapback]

I tend to agree !

Guest Jocool

You all seem hung up on my last pics of the Cox. This one is NO WHERE NEAR IT!

The next pic will be a dead give away! And if George can't get it after that....... :1prop:

Guest bluecod
The next pic will be a dead give away! And if George can't get it after that.......

60815[/snapback]

Joe, I've never been further west than Katoomba in my life :badair::074:

[now how did he get the Cox's River one ???? :1naughty: ]

so how the hell do you expect me to get this one ????????? [there's not enough tell tale clues inadvertantly left in the photos :risata: :risata:]

Guest Jocool

Let me spell it out for you George. :074::074:

Large waterway....obviously a lake of some sort.

Second pic shows the expanse of water.

Third shows a wall....now what large bodies of water have walls??? :1naughty::1naughty:

and there ther is your line of work! :biggrin2:

OH...and added to that is that the wall is being raised! :wacko:

Edited by Jocool

The only wall that I know of that is getting raised at the moment is Grahamstown Dam just north of Raymond Terrace. Saw it two weeks ago on my way to visit the rellies in Taree.

So I'll say "Grahamstown Dam, Raymond Terrace". :1prop:

Guest Jocool
umm... maybe its a longshot with all those 'George' clues but.. could it be...

60961[/snapback]

:074::074: Nah mate...the clues are directed AT George. Thats Bluecod's name. :thumbup:

Guest Jocool
peejar i think that how they spell it

:biggrin2: goulburn

61002[/snapback]

HMMMM...close!

Do you know the name of the SECOND dam in Goulburn? :1prop:

Guest Jocool

Chinamans Lane of Crookwell Rd, on the NW side of Goulburn. I don't know if fishing is allowed, but if it wasn't so windy on the day I would have given it a shot! :thumbup:

Thanks for the reply Joe.

I can understand why they'd be raising the dam wall down that way. :(

cheers

Hooky

And a bit of info on the dam, if anyone is interested. :1prop:

Media Release - Work Starts on Raising Sooley Dam Wall

Mayor, Paul Stephenson and Manager of Water Services, Matthew O'Rourke perusing plans for new work at Sooley Dam

Work to raise Sooley Dam's wall and increase the dam's capacity by around 30% commenced last week.

Austral Marine Constructions Pty Ltd, the company contracted by Goulburn Mulwaree Council to undertake the works, began establishing its site office, access roads and fencing. The $10 million project is expected to take 12 months with up to 40 staff on site at the height of the works.

Goulburn Water Services manager Matt O'Rourke said construction of the rock-cut spillway west of the existing dam should be completed by Christmas, and work on strengthening and raising the existing wall commencing early in the new year. "The combination of works to strengthen the dam and increase its height will address two issues, namely the dam's structural integrity and increased water storage capacity," Mr O'Rourke said.

"Raising the wall by 1.5 metres will increase Sooley Dam's storage capacity from 4100ML to around 6000ML," he said.

Mr O'Rourke said the current low water level due to the drought would be an advantage during the upgrade work as part of the requirement is that the water in the dam remain one metre below the full supply level. Sooley Dam was originally constructed in 1930 and the height of the wall was increased in 1961. Goulburn Mulwaree Council and the NSW Department of Environment, Utilities and Sustainability are jointly funding the current upgrade project.

Mr O'Rourke said the upgrade would create an environmental buffer zone outside the increased storage level, with the buffer zone to be vegetated to provide a filter zone, and planted with trees to reduce wave action on Lake Sooley.