pmak

Hello Fellow Raiders,

Quick report - took the kids and in-laws to Lake Windamere again to chase some Golden Perch over the Anzac Day weekend since we had some success during the New Year period. We put in 3 sessions at the Lake and managed 3 fish only this time. All fish were caught within 3 hours of sunrise.

I had read an article in a recent fishing magazine regarding using bibbed hardbodied lures to fish the edge of weed beds for Goldens so I decided to give it a go this time.

post-3388-0-05500300-1367306738_thumb.jpg

First fish caught on a floating hardbodied lure

post-3388-0-84993000-1367306786_thumb.jpg

The lure that did the damage was an old Rapala lure with its original trebles, possibly thirty years or older. It used to belong to my dad and I found it amongst his old fishing stuff recently. It accounted for a bigger fish the next day.

post-3388-0-82602500-1367307119_thumb.jpg

This fish fell to an olive green double blade spinnerbait.

Was happy and sad this trip - happy I caught fish, sad no one else in the family caught fish. Brought my wife out too hoping to get her onto some fish but no joy. Happy that my dad's old lure caught fish. Sad that my father in law who was the top angler the last trip did not catch any this time.

Had radiator problems on the way home too. Had to get towed from Lithgow to home. Thank goodness for NRMA Premium Care! We rode the truck with the Prado on the truck and the boat behind all the way home. The kids enjoyed it!

post-3388-0-96249900-1367307478_thumb.jpg

On a final note, the kids also managed to go out panning for gold in one of the local creeks and found a tiny flake of gold (so tiny it flew away in a gust of wind!). Ha Ha! Mudgee has a lot of GOLD to offer! (fish, honey and real gold!!)

Thanks for the comments guys. Am starting to enjoy a bit of sweetwater fishing now plus there's now a wider range of tackle and lures to get into :biggrinthumb:

Car's all fixed now - faulty radiator replaced. Just need the opportunity to go again!!