A fair few men in grey suits

SMn

Fished my local beach Friday and Saturday arvo/night on the prowl for jewies, lost more tackle than the last time I hit the rocks! Hahaha. 2 sets of gangs and 4 snelled 6/0's (two hook rigs) on 20lb and 40lb leader on Friday night and 3 4/0's and an 8/0 on Saturday night same leaders again; 5 enviro sinkers are also disintergrating in the briney blue.

Everytime I had a run and put some weight on the line 'pop' hooks gone. Each leader was well frayed and only lasted a minute or 2 each run. I only saw 2 suspects a smaller one that thrashed in the shore break and swam away on Friday, about 2ft long and it's big sister on Saturday arvo just before sunset. This one was substantial, the run was unstoppable! It was lucky the line gave way or I could be respooling my Alvey now! Again when I put a bit of pressure on the line gave out, but I saw it breach 15m from where I was fishing as its head shake sliced through the line. Would have been a great tussle if I had 100lb leader on, but the 20lb leader may as well have been cotton!

Tailor slabs and heads were definitely on their menu and were taken almost as soon as they hit the water. At least I managed 2 good sized tailor on Friday night so I had good jewie bait for Saturday, but same story. Bloke next to me scored 7 tailor and a soapie.

So there are a few punk sharks with lip peircings swimming around the Central Coast today.

Hope others had better luck from the beach.

Yeh heaps of sharks around Central Coast lately, we hooked a ripper bull shark off Swansea near Blacksmiths Surf Club recently and have seen many more others around. Also a few around Norah Head especially off The Bull.

Hmmm... I probably would have ditched the jew hunt and reached in the tackle bag for the 100lb leader...That's just me though... Each to their ownFishingphase

Yep was my thoughts also so Saturday night put a bunch of pillies on another 8/0 with 100lb leader at about 9pm but no takers. Love catching sharks but prefer a bit of a battle before the bust off... Hahaha...

Yeh heaps of sharks around Central Coast lately, we hooked a ripper bull shark off Swansea near Blacksmiths Surf Club recently and have seen many more others around. Also a few around Norah Head especially off The Bull.

The small one I saw was definitely a bronzie and the big girl was either a bronzie or a bull quite dark on top and stocky with a blunt nose.