Boating and fishing etiquette and my 1st ever squid

tinny1

Went for my usual Friday arvo fish on Botany Bay , i actually caught my 1st squid believe it or not !! . one little bugger chased my 4" pumkinseed worm to the boat and had one of his tenticles holding on by the finger nail when he decided to let go, i then thoght i would try and entice him back with one of my dodgey $4 squid jigs that has been floating around in the bottom of the "flickinlures" tackle box for ages , so i rigged it up on a floater out the back of the boat whilst drifting and continued to throw the soft plastics with the slight breeze at my back it seemed like the perfect setup i don't know why i haven't tried this before , soon after the floating squid jig rod started to bend over ever so slightly so i dropped the plastics rod and picked up the squid jig and found a nice little lolli pop of a squid on the end, got him in the net and i had finally busted another donut.In the live well he went for my grand plan of a Molinuex Pt Kingy .Which leads me into the an experience that some might think trivial but i feel when driving a boat you need to consider others on the water , i was about halfway between the green Molinuex Pt marker and the shore around the 12mtr mark , my camera shot didn't really show how much room this boat had between us but it was enough to :mad3: me off , this boat had plenty of room to go inside the shipping channel " the other side of the marker " plus the rest of Botany Bay but he decided to squeeze in between .All i am highlighting here and it wasn't at all a dangerous situation but more one of consideration.One thing i will always do when i am drifting and flickin my soft plastics around is to be aware of other boats and particularly those who may be on the same drift , always go around the back of the drift and not across the front or if i'm heading towards the same situation explained here i would go around a give plenty of room " just sayin "

Congrats on the squid!

As for the speeding morons, that happens to me all the time. Worst thing, is that I'm in a very light tinnie and when the waves comes at the side of the tinnie, it almost capsizes me. So I need to start the motor and quickly swing the boat to hit the waves front on. :ranting2: