Honda BF90 Flush Kit Adapter

SargeRX8

Hey all just a quick question, does anyone know if there are after market adapters or DIY methods to make an adapter to fit into the flush hole in the BF90 motor? Its a pain to hold the hose in when it randomly busts out and Honda think its a good idea to charge $60 for a piece of metal with thread on one end and garden hose adapter on the other :ranting2: Anyone know the threading on the thing?

Not sure about the BF90 but my BF150 has a hose connection at the top of the leg/ just below the engine cover, done some research & found that this is for flushing moored boats & only flushes the top of the outboard. I was still instruckted by the shop to use muffs for general flushing.

I do the ear muffs flushing first for a good ten to fifteen minutes then I flush through that hole after 5 mins. Afyer the first main flush the engine runs hot so I let it sit and let the heat of the motor heat the water and flush that out with the top hole until the water exiting runs cool. Its probably ocd lol but knowing the effects of salt water on anything metal gets me paranoid. How long do you flush and do you use any additives?

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 60HP Suzuki adapter like the one you are after. If you find out it fits your Honda you can have if just pay post.

I tried flushing with the adapter but the ear muffs get better water flow.

To flush, I connect up the hose and run the engine until I feel the water exiting is warm. This means the thermostat is open and water is going through the entire engine. This usually take's a few minutes. Then I raise the revs slightly to get more circulation and flush for a further 5minutes. Thats all you need and plenty.