Fishing around and under Roseville bridge. Anybody had any luck?

Dredog

Mate caught my PB bream there of 42cm. If you can get a bait to the middle pilon just before high tide your in with a very good chance.

Also get big jackets there and seen bonito passing in summer.

Good luck.

Generally not the best time of year for rosie. There'll be a few bream and trevally about. Burley up and fish in close roughly in the middle between the pipe and bridge with unweighted baits (squid strips, peeled prawns etc...) I've found my results improve 10 fold every time i do this here. Not that i do it often anymore but when i do have a bait session it works a treat. Never a shortage of tailor either.

Chuck a poddy out for sure. Man it's been slow jewfish wise but nothing stopping you trying. You'll probably get a good tailor or big bream on one anyway. As previously said, the middle pylon has some great bream. Pulled a few 40's from here over summer on plastics. Not easy to cast out to the middle pylons landbased though.

Flick the drop off near the pipe as well.. Holds a few flatties and if your lucky jew. The pelagics have been up this way last month or two (frigates, bonnies, kings) but seem to have just moved on in the last week or so. Might still be a few around if your lucky. I picked up a legal king at rosie middle of winter last year so never know.

Give it a go and let us know how you go.

Cheers, Tom

Mate caught my PB bream there of 42cm. If you can get a bait to the middle pilon just before high tide your in with a very good chance.

Also get big jackets there and seen bonito passing in summer.

Good luck.

Thanks Taskata

Middle pilon sounds the go and should be sheltered from the westerly

Generally not the best time of year for rosie. There'll be a few bream and trevally about. Burley up and fish in close roughly in the middle between the pipe and bridge with unweighted baits (squid strips, peeled prawns etc...) I've found my results improve 10 fold every time i do this here. Not that i do it often anymore but when i do have a bait session it works a treat. Never a shortage of tailor either.

Chuck a poddy out for sure. Man it's been slow jewfish wise but nothing stopping you trying. You'll probably get a good tailor or big bream on one anyway. As previously said, the middle pylon has some great bream. Pulled a few 40's from here over summer on plastics. Not easy to cast out to the middle pylons landbased though.

Flick the drop off near the pipe as well.. Holds a few flatties and if your lucky jew. The pelagics have been up this way last month or two (frigates, bonnies, kings) but seem to have just moved on in the last week or so. Might still be a few around if your lucky. I picked up a legal king at rosie middle of winter last year so never know.

Give it a go and let us know how you go.

Cheers, Tom

Thanks Tom

Youve got me fired up. Cheers mate

Heres a tip, try putting some bait on a heavy jig head to help get you out there. I use chicken thigh, works everytime.

I remember your report with the ol' Chicken Parma producing a 40+! Could be a good tactic the 1/2 ounce head with some chicken. I really want to stress the importance of fishing in close here though. I get 99% of my landbased bream right in close as opposed to out in the middle. Unweighted is the key. Just remember that. You'l get a ton of small rubbish but it's very rare not to pick up some good bream doing this. There's certainly some honkers sitting on those pylons though. No place for 4lb leader and a 1-2kg rod! Unfortunately i learned this the hard way on more than one occasion over summer...

Edited by mulloway man

Just a curiosity, are the fish eatable from that area?

It seems it is quite a residential area.

Yes and no. Personally I don't eat fish from roseville but have before and it's alright. Things like kings, bonito, silver trevs (etc..) i'd eat without hesitation but bream/whiting/flathead i personally release. You can eat fish at roseville but i wouldn't recommend doing it after heavy rain...