Fishing report

Hi guys.. Nothing to rave about for the start of winter but there are fish around but you just have to be lucily enough to stumble across them. Sydney this week from my reports has been very quite we a few blue eye on the mountain. I have been fishing wide from my home town of Narooma & there are plenty of albies from the kink behind Montague to the south either trolling, cubing or jigging to 10kgs.

The boat next to us managed 3 fin to 69kg on an eggbeater but couldn't find our trail but we still got a great feed! Also heard of a couple of good size fin today but no good numbers.

The B.bay comp was quite from what I heard (correct me if I'm wrong) 6 odd marlin tagged 2 weighed and a few jellybeans & albies.

The water was 18.9 for us & perfectly clean with heaps of red crabs on the upwelling & I'm surprised the fishing wasn't better. It is pushing from the south & definitely better for us off Sydney.

Let us know how you go!

Cheers

Damo

Edited by Reef Magic Charters

spot on damo B.bay saw 6 striped marlin tagged 2 weighed 1 about 120 other under 80 water was 18.5 at its best with few jellybeans and stripies to 10ks 1 blueshark tagged that's it. crazy to think marlin still about , hope the current starts to push up and bring the fish up to use in Sydney.we were lucky enough to get highest pointscore OGF for the smallfrys first comp so hes hooked now. hope u get a few jumbos tomorrow cheers evan

Edited by mr.e.d

we were talking sat saying I cant belive no one has caught a broadbill in the conditions.... good fish I saw the pics... we found more activity on or inside the shelf off B.B.. well keep at it till the jumbos play ball.

A few more big fin around 60kgs where caught today off bermi. The conditions were excellent, so more reports will come in and a few boats said they will be your for a broadbill tonight.

We only picked up a few more albies only had a few hours out.

Cheers Grant

How much bait did you send down the trail damo. We popped out a good 15 block. We could hear you being called on sat but were just out of range. Broadbills are poppin up. Prized catch one of them

We caught fresh slimies that morning & cubed with them for around 4 hours. Yeah the boys on The Sherriff out of Narooma got a nice broadbill on the weekend!
Edited by Reef Magic Charters

• 2 weeks later...

There are heaps of albies in plague portions. Few YFT about. The jumbos are south from what I heard . Eden is the place. Portland is still on fire with jumbos being caught in 45 mtrs. Get out and give it a shot want is there to lose .