Annual Jindabyne Trout Fishing trip

Hi all,

I went down to Jindabyne on Friday 31st May till Sunday 2nd June. Fished the Threbdo and Lake Jindabyne. It rained everyday I was there but the rain was light during the day and heavy at night. The river was flowing very fast and the water too dirty to flyfish. On the Sat, the river level was threatening to overflow the banks but it receded very quickly. All fishing was with spin reel and rapalla lures. I managed 3 browns and 1 rainbow.

My mate, Pat(Dragemout), was also fishing the river and at this one spot managed 3 fish with 6 casts. This was the biggest of the 3. post-2393-0-82621700-1371046894_thumb.jpg.

He's the guru of the Thredbo river.

Regards Kit

Gotta love those Rapalas, they are consistently awesome performers. I have caught quite a few with them.

Congrats on a successful weekend in difficult conditions.

That is a healthy brown you have there also, what did it come in at?

Gotta love those Rapalas, they are consistently awesome performers. I have caught quite a few with them.

Congrats on a successful weekend in difficult conditions.

That is a healthy brown you have there also, what did it come in at?

Hi Jewstalker,

That brown was caught by Pat. I am uncertain what that fish measured at. The fast and dirty water caused by the rain meant the trout were holding on the edges of the river, so our strategy was to cast into the middle of the river and then let the the rapalas work its way to the edge and once it was there, we did a very slow spin of the reel. The water was so dirty that some fish were caught only a metre or two away from us.

Regards Kit