Evinrude etec 135 service

bigcu20

Hello members

just curious I have recently booked my motor in for a service which has done 100hrs in two years ,put in a extra battery, isolator switch, two spot lights and led cabin lights,price including labour and parts and service $2500.Does this sound reasonable ?

That does appear to be a little expensive. The motor service should cost up to $400 to $500. An optima battery can be up to $400. The switch can be up to $150 depending on what you want. The lights could also be $300-$500 depending what you are getting. I am sure the site sponsor who deals with Etec can better advise. Could be the labour charge and hours which is costing you a lot. My suggestion is to get a few quotes

Hi, considering there is no such thing down under as a 135HP E-TEC that is strange. Are you sure you do not have a 130HP and if so the V4 costs about $600 to service every three years. As for the other work, hard to comment without knowing more detail like where you wanted these lights etc and what grade of equipment was used but it does seem you went to the wrong place. I sure hope they did all that is required at service time like replace the VST filter-a $5 part that I would be surprised if the dealer even knew about it, let alone replaced it.

Cheers,

Huey.

In fairness these 'small' jobs can become very time consuming and at an hourly labour rate i can see how it would get very expensive.

Service aside the other jobs are fairly DIY if you and your mates are handy. I have done all of these jobs over the last few weeks so could steer you in the right direction if need be.

Cheers

Paul