Anyone fishing on the weekend?

We will be out off Sydney on Saturday for our first charter for the tuna season. Im sure there will be a few boats out due to everyone getting cabin fever over the past few weeks of bad wether. Obviously its been hard to get a good SST chart but after looking at the last available chart & bits we have been able to get there should be some good water not far over the back of Browns. There is a good water low sitting a little further to the east & could result in some good fishing especially 5 days after the full moon that has had plenty of cloud cover so the fish should be ready to feed.

The fishing down around Narooma & Bermi is still slow with plenty of albacore being caught but only the odd yellowfin. There are reports of some good bluefin off Eden. Don't let this fool anyone as it was this weekend last year when they were only catching small bluefin off Bermi that we found the larger models off Sydney. The current that has pushed wide & swung back in towards the coast off Sydney could definitely hold bluefin... we will wait & see. Good luck if you get out & let us know how you go! If anyone wants to book a charter give me a call on 0407113349.

Cheers

Damo

G'Day Damo, We'll be out on Friday as well as Monday or Tuesday - give you a call if we have any joy

If anyone else is out give us a call on 21 - we'll be on either REEL GAME or TINTOLA

Cheers

Marty

Boys tempted to go wide but I cant resist going down to the hump and seeing if any reds are about after all the swell and rain. Hope you brain it. Marty are you going to have a drop on Browns? I was out there a month ago but it was too early and only lost rigs on the bottom.

Johno

Hi Johnno,

We were at Browns last Tuesday and ran through 230kg of berley in hope of a Mako but didn't raise anything at all. Two other boats were out there bottom bashing and they went zeros on blue eye & gemmies. We'll be trolling wide this week then cubing into the dark - hopefully jag something - been a bit quiet for us lately. Cheers.

Hey

Quick question when reading sst charts to find the best water for tuna what would you be looking for . Is this picture would the best water be wide off narooma . I always here there's a good etty around is that where the currents slow down an trap bait . Just trying to learn how to read an put in into plan to get my first tuna post-23309-137230263676_thumb.jpg

Hey

Quick question when reading sst charts to find the best water for tuna what would you be looking for . Is this picture would the best water be wide off narooma . I always here there's a good etty around is that where the currents slow down an trap bait . Just trying to learn how to read an put in into plan to get my first tuna attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1372302636.642546.jpg

That model produced by BOM generally gives an indication of approximate sea temperatures and current patterns. It does not convey they detail the SST charts others are referring to. The SST charts are live or very recent satellite images with fairly high resolution, you can zoom in and obtain accurate GPS co-ordinates.

You want to look for changes in temperature when targeting tuna. If this temperature change coincides over structure that generally improves your chances again.

Hey

Quick question when reading sst charts to find the best water for tuna what would you be looking for . Is this picture would the best water be wide off narooma . I always here there's a good etty around is that where the currents slow down an trap bait . Just trying to learn how to read an put in into plan to get my first tuna attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1372302636.642546.jpg

Hey mate.. like fishmanic says you can subscribe to sites like ripcharts or SST & get much better shots to see the edges, currents & water altimetry. The bluefin will be on the cooler side of the break & generally like the slower currents. We have used the charts for years & we look for similar water patterns & temperatures to areas where we have caught fish in the past. Good luck with it & im sure there are other people on here that will have more knowledge & information than me. Hopefully you get some more responses.

Cheers

Damo

We will be out off Sydney on Saturday for our first charter for the tuna season. Im sure there will be a few boats out due to everyone getting cabin fever over the past few weeks of bad wether. Obviously its been hard to get a good SST chart but after looking at the last available chart & bits we have been able to get there should be some good water not far over the back of Browns. There is a good water low sitting a little further to the east & could result in some good fishing especially 5 days after the full moon that has had plenty of cloud cover so the fish should be ready to feed.

The fishing down around Narooma & Bermi is still slow with plenty of albacore being caught but only the odd yellowfin. There are reports of some good bluefin off Eden. Don't let this fool anyone as it was this weekend last year when they were only catching small bluefin off Bermi that we found the larger models off Sydney. The current that has pushed wide & swung back in towards the coast off Sydney could definitely hold bluefin... we will wait & see. Good luck if you get out & let us know how you go! If anyone wants to book a charter give me a call on 0407113349.

Cheers

Damo

Hi Damo,

Are you heading out to the hill? or a bit further South?, our boat has just been repowered and we will try and get out Tuesday all the best hope you geton the fin.

Regards

Bob

Gday Damo,

Talk to you out there tomorrow. Cant get onto Marty yet but saw a couple of fish were caught down the coast today.

Hey Mark,

Yeah good yellowfin they got today off Sydney.. Will let him tell the story. JB to the south fired for bluefin & heard of a couple to the north. Moon perfect current slowed... weather a little rough ... Perfect weather for tuna. Get you on 21 tomorrow.. good luck mate!

Cheers

Damo

Edited by Reef Magic Charters

Hi Damo,

Are you heading out to the hill? or a bit further South?, our boat has just been repowered and we will try and get out Tuesday all the best hope you geton the fin.

Regards

Bob

Hey Bob.. will report tomorrow what happens but don't think you need to go to the hill. Between the second & third is the area where the good water is.

Cheers

Damo

Hey

Quick question when reading sst charts to find the best water for tuna what would you be looking for . Is this picture would the best water be wide off narooma . I always here there's a good etty around is that where the currents slow down an trap bait . Just trying to learn how to read an put in into plan to get my first tuna ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372302636.642546.jpg

Hey mate.. like fishmanic says you can subscribe to sites like ripcharts or SST & get much better shots to see the edges, currents & water altimetry. The bluefin will be on the cooler side of the break & generally like the slower currents. We have used the charts for years & we look for similar water patterns & temperatures to areas where we have caught fish in the past. Good luck with it & im sure there are other people on here that will have more knowledge & information than me. Hopefully you get some more responses.

Cheers

Damo

Thanks for the info mate I'll be looking into rip an sst an signing up an gaining as much knowledge as I can .

Can't wait to get the bar crusher out there an get my first tuna .

Thanks for all your info an support I'll be definatly looking into a charter when there firing !!