Haines Signature 520c.

spaners

At long last the boss{wife} is letting me up grade from a 475 Bar Raider to something a bit bigger.

Im in the market for something that will go from Box Head to Long Reef,out to some of the reefs around 40/60 mtr mark as well as along the coast to Terrigal and out further on good days.It must be able to handle chop without getting smashed about too much or getting to wet like I do in the tinnie at the moment.

So whats fellow raiders opinions on H/Signature 520c,I mainly fish with one other person but it would be good to take one more and not compromise the handling or fishing too much.

The budget is around 20k.

All opinions would be gratefully received

Regards Stu..

You can't go past the Haines IMO. I have a 470 breeze and there's not really many places it won't go! The only thing I'm not happy with is the range, based on the fuel tanks. I haven't put an inboard in yet, but with a 75hp merc the fuel consumption is actually quiet good! The hull is the best! Good luck with your decision.

Cheers scratchie!!!

A few years back, my mate and another, towed his V19 Haines up to Cairns, put it on the 'barge' and went up to Seisia up the top of Cape York. From there, they motored across to Thursday Island and put a 44gallon drum of fuel on board and took off to New Guinea, which only took several hours. Spent a month fishing, diving and exploring before shipping the boat back to Cairns and flying there for the drive back to Sydney. Boat handled it all very well, but conditions were glassy all the way. He still has the Haines and is very happy with it.

I have a HH 530 Classic and I love it. Upgraded from a HS 492F late last year and the stability at rest, ride and power is great. Regularly head off Port Kembla and handles the swell and chop just fine. Have not been out too far yet - but will soon. We usually have 2 or 3 on board - sometimes 4 in the lake but the fourth person usually gets to fish out of the hatch. Same as you - got permission from the wife to upgrade (actually her suggestion)but I did find the seats on the Signature more comfortable. Very small price to pay when you spend most of the time standing up reeling them in ( or hope to).

Cheers

Craig

cant go past the sig's hull especially with decent donk ,hull will eat chop for dinner and take on most seas even when its real nasty you still feel

safe ,i use mine more like a big jet ski in 2mt plus sea. one of the best hulls created .