Can you re commend someone to install my live bait tank?

ALI-G

Hi Raiders,

I have researched installing a live bait well and it seems that you either need to be a marine engineer or related to Einstein to do it correctly!!

Can anyone recommend a professional who can install it flush on an aluminium hull for me? I would like a transom pickup configuration.

It's a 25L Johnson tank with pipes etc & a Rule tournament 800gph pump.

W40cm X H32cm X D27cm.

Its to be installed on an Aglapro Bandit 424 Pro.

Thanks a million

Alex 0432332200

post-15085-0-83392200-1372585946_thumb.jpg

Edited by ALI-G

Depending on the position , it's not all that difficult.

Can you post some photos of the preffered position?

Where are you located?

Is this what you thinking or something else?

post-731-0-53433800-1372632794_thumb.jpg

Geoff

Hi Geoff, I am Sydney based in the Eastern Subs.

I was looking more at a flush mounting my tank into the transom on the right hand side. Above where your batteries are.

Unfortunately not enough room for the set up you have!

Hi Geoff, I am Sydney based in the Eastern Subs.

I was looking more at a flush mounting my tank into the transom on the right hand side. Above where your batteries are.

Unfortunately not enough room for the set up you have!

The tank you have is not designed or intended to be installed in the rear deck. If that is your preffered location then the tank needs to be one with a lip & fitted as shown in MV Sunray photo.

Installing it over the batteries is OK provided there is sufficent space under the tank , after the bottom drain is installed , to access the batteries.

The other consideration is weight , batteries plus a tank full of water may cause the boat to lean to one side which can be rather annoying.

How was the pump size determined ? Unless you have a huge outlet pipe 800gph will cause overflow into the boat. An inline control flow tap will most likely be required or exchange for a 500gph pump.

Geoff

Edited by Geoff

Thanks Geoff/Sunray, I have downsized to a 500 GPH pump.

I got a guy over this morning and he's going to fit it for me on the other side to the batteries!.

Really appreciate the advice gents.

Know anyone who wants a Rule 800 GPH pump going cheap?!

Tight lines and screamin reels!!

Mate just another thing you might consider is an inlet control valve (that white fitting in my pic between tank and drill).

More often than not the scoop to keep the tank operating while the boat is at speed will push more water into the tank than the actual pump.

The valve allows you to control exactly how much water enters your tank at any time preventing the tank overflowing into your boat.

You might already have one but I didn't see one in your pic.

Cheers,

Chris

ALI-G In addition to MV Sunray's comment to install a in line flow control tap which you will need , ensure the pump bracket is installed as per this photo with the pick up pipe just below the bottom of the boat .

This will avoid damage to the pipe / bracket should the transom hit bottom at any time.

post-731-0-80991100-1372890991_thumb.jpg

Unless your planning to empty the tank water into the bottom of the boat at days end then drain through the bung holes , the tank drain & outlet pipe can be combined there by avoiding drilling two holes in the transom

post-731-0-75964900-1372891037_thumb.jpg

post-731-0-41290200-1372891067_thumb.jpg

The orange pipe is a piece of electrical condute , tapered at the end to provide a press fit into the skin fitting.

Geoff

Guest Aussie007

this is how i had my tank installed for $50, the pump wasnt put low enough it sits half submersed but still functions, i have my overflow hose flowing into my splash well than it drains from two holes in the splash well as if it would if a wave came over the transom

its not brain science just a bit of gravity flowing

post-3154-0-51174900-1372915397_thumb.jpg

post-3154-0-92525200-1372915406_thumb.jpg

post-3154-0-48525100-1372915416_thumb.jpg

post-3154-0-69737800-1372915422_thumb.jpg

post-3154-0-64296300-1372915634_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...