Botany Bay or Sydney Harbour

fisholb

I think the Harbour is the better of the 2 but can be quiet busy with the ferries, stay well out there way they dont like going around you! the Harbour also has more protection from wind if it pics up.

I think the Harbour is the better of the 2 but can be quiet busy with the ferries, stay well out there way they dont like going around you! the Harbour also has more protection from wind if it pics up.

thanks for d info mate. might go around clifton/balmoral/watson.

Im heading out this weekend too but cant decide between botany and pittwater :s Ive never fished botany so dont know my way around at all... Last time i went to the harbour we didnt catch a single thing..

Guest Aussie007

the bay is great and is easy to navigate go out drive around have a fish if u get lost just look for the planes landing, the boat ramp is right next to the airport runway

the bay fishes very nicely during the day but becomes quiet at night out in the middle, mol point has fired up for us at night with salmon on the chew and decent squid this time last year

if your normal fishing style fails a fish try drifting around out in the middle do long drifts untill u find the fish than keep drifting the spot u get bites, if u have a GPS i swear by drifting the depth contour lines for flatties, also a great tip is drop your line right below the boat and let out another couple of meters than flip over the bail arm and wait patiently

another one is if your into casting from a boat cast out to the sides of the boat as your drifting as the bait moves and tracks from the side to behind the boat on the drift the flatties will follow it they often get shy if u just cast out into your drifting path they seem to like the bait going across the current for some reason

Thanks for d info reubs n gazza. I havent fished inside d harbour on a boat. Always landbased around clifton/balmoral/watson.

Ive been to botany bay half a dozen times. Usually at molli/browns rock/n near cc landing site off botany bay nationsl park.