No Jackets On At Night

KILLER355

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/latest_releases?sq_content_src=%2BdXJsPWh0dHBzJTNBJTJGJTJGd3d3LmViaXoucG9saWNlLm5zdy5nb3YuYXUlMkZtZWRpYSUyRjMxMTU4Lmh0bWwmYWxsPTE%3D

A couple of lads went into the drink off Lilli Pilli Baths last night , theres a good reason for wearing jackets hey . No one ever thinks its going to happen but that's when like the saying goes Shit Happens unfortunately.

Now that we know they are ok can I add they were 100yards off Lilli Pilli baths. Helicopters and life rafts when 100yard swim would have got them to shore. And before you say maybe they couldn't swim well then in that case they definitely should have been wearing lifejackets.

Sometimes when the water is cold 100 yards or 100 miles makes no difference. Cold shock and swim failure are just two reasons why boating during winter needs a little more forethought. If someone winds up in the drink they may need immediate assistance even if they are only 2 metres away because they may be unable to do anything to help themselves. Life jackets - even more important in winter.

Edited by Testlab

With the technology of inflateable life jackets these days there is no reason not to wear one... they feel just like you are wearing a shirt. There is maximum comfort with no restrictions of movement. They are not that expensive either. My one cost me $70 and I wear it when ever I am on or near the water (small price to pay for increasing the odds of survival if dunked). Thankfully I have not needed to deploy it yet but it is always there just in case. Things can go pear shaped very quickly when near the ocean.

Guest Aussie007

pretty scary thing to happen it must have frighten both men pitch dark middle of the night capsizing and in the middle of winter, 100 meters west of lilli pilly is the sand bar, i tried checking the tides but couldnt find it seems it was around high tide

when a accident happens like this a flare could be used people all around the shore line would have seen a flare going off and the men could have been rescued a lot quicker 40mins is an awfully long time to be bobbing around in the drink

i think the guy who went to the rescue deserves an award