Z-Man Grubz

finbar12

Hi all I've recently got around the hype of the newish z-man grubz and love them, but I've been having some problems with them melting. I have been removing them from their packets and placing them into tackle boxes/containers and within the week they have melted into one big ball of plastic. Wondering if anyone else has been having this issue of them melting before and if so how do you solve it?

Cheers

Hi all I've recently got around the hype of the newish z-man grubz and love them, but I've been having some problems with them melting. I have been removing them from their packets and placing them into tackle boxes/containers and within the week they have melted into one big ball of plastic. Wondering if anyone else has been having this issue of them melting before and if so how do you solve it?

Cheers

i think its best to leave them seperated in their packets and just get a soft plastics wallet for them. Ive heard of others plastics melting into one big ball too.

I have a few boxes exclusively for z-mans. I dont have any trouble with them melting. Keep them out of the sun if possible and make sure you dont store them with other soft plastic brands. They will melt if you do this. Also store colours individually because over time they may all become one new colour if you don't.

Cheers, Tom

Worm proof containers work fine. From my experience, z-mans of different colours can be stored together if you do not mind mild colour intermixing. Other plastics can be in the same container so long as they are not physically touching i.e. dividers. Although I haven't had any melt on me, obviously being a soft and stretchy plastic means that it's melting point is quite low so avoid extreme heat. This is probably true for every other plastic.

Edited by nbdshroom

• 7 months later...

I have had exactly the same problem after rigging them on jigheads with a bit of super glue to hold them on and then putting them all in the same packet . The grubs went very soft and stuck together and the other plastics went hard. I thought it might be the fumes from the superglue but I guess it is the interacting with other grubs and other plastics from what you blokes are saying