TCD today (Saturday

Hi Raiders

I fished Thompson's Creek dam again today with my friend Chris (Caddis). Unfortunately the wind was gale force and made conditions for fly fishing very difficult. We fished right around the dam and saw no fish moving at all. We had the great pleasure of meeting Chris (Foolforjesus) and his friend David who caught a very large brown on a soft plastic at the western end. It was a great pleasure to meet these two gentleman and no doubt our paths will cross in the future. I think it pays to take notice of the wind conditions in details before heading to TCD as the wind can be diabolical!!!

Apart ffrom the wind the cold temperatures, it was a cloudless beautiful day and certainly beat "mowing the lawns" (lol).

One of these days, I will actually catch a fish or two. (I've had a dozen Blanks in a row so far. I feel that since the dam was raised so high over the last two years that the fishing has been damaged. Before the rise, I found that I could catch two or three most times I went there.

Kindest regards to all

Flycaster (Ross)

Hi Ross,

I fished right around TCD yesterday for the first time. Haven't posted a report yet as not back home to upload photos but was likewise diabolically windy. Threw everything from spoons, soft plastics, minnows, and celtas before finally landing a big 55cm brown on a no. 2 celta in the SW corner, which I released as she was full of eggs. Did come across some guys who had landed a few even bigger models on mix of soft plastics and minnows, so they are active, but would be difficult on fly in these conditions. Great walk though.

Aidan

Hi Raiders

I fished Thompson's Creek dam again today with my friend Chris (Caddis). Unfortunately the wind was gale force and made conditions for fly fishing very difficult. We fished right around the dam and saw no fish moving at all. We had the great pleasure of meeting Chris (Foolforjesus) and his friend David who caught a very large brown on a soft plastic at the western end. It was a great pleasure to meet these two gentleman and no doubt our paths will cross in the future. I think it pays to take notice of the wind conditions in details before heading to TCD as the wind can be diabolical!!!

Apart ffrom the wind the cold temperatures, it was a cloudless beautiful day and certainly beat "mowing the lawns" (lol).

One of these days, I will actually catch a fish or two. (I've had a dozen Blanks in a row so far. I feel that since the dam was raised so high over the last two years that the fishing has been damaged. Before the rise, I found that I could catch two or three most times I went there.

Kindest regards to all

Flycaster (Ross)

Hi Ross,

The pleasure was all ours, it was very nice to meet yourself & Chris.

The conditions did ease off throughout the day, yet the fishing was still tough.

Shame we couldn't accompany you Guy's round to the SE side, but as you said, I'm sure our paths will cross again.

Cheers,

Chris