Friday Sambos

MannY

Target species Sambo's, everything else a by catch.

Unpacked my backpack and loaded with the usual sambo rigs. Wife nagging be home early, why do you have leave so early.. and so on..

We gear up and left home early for a sunrise fish. Line out I was only catching snags.. It was difficult as I couldn't see the direction of my line.. While the current washing it on the rocks.

As day broke it started to pick up and I caught a big fat bream.. Tide turned, wind calmed, waves flattened and leather jackets came in. My mate started with tailor and sambo, then questioned and said you're got the wrong size hook.

I scratched my head, big hooks = big fish!! :D From there it was sambo, tailor, then sambo, sambo, sambo!!! it went wild I lost count how many sambo's I caught, I would throw a line and within 2mins I was on!! Never ever seen a sambo frenzy like this at the rocks. Would have caught at least 20+ sambo's in 3hrs..

I had some old prawns in fridge decided to try it and up came the massive salmon. Pillies were getting the smaller Sambos. I could have stayed there all day and caught fish, but I had work.. so back home it was.

I threw back all the big ones to make more babies and kept the smaller ones to eat and share with some elderly couples who can't fish cause of arthritis and disabilities... nothing better than putting a smile on there faces. The hard part was walking back with 20kgs of catch + fishing gear. Really need to find something to carry gear from and to the car.

Another mate heard of the catch and went out today, caught a Port Jackson...nothing else except a undersize bream back in the drink.

post-9118-0-63580500-1373113532_thumb.jpg

Edited by MannY

Sorry guys and gals but this is post which will be left open so that people know what is right and what is wrong.

BAG LIMIT FOR SALMON IS 5 AND NOT SHITLOADS :ranting2:

Admin

SEE POST REPLY BY MYSELF BELOW