Did anyone do better than me?

duckegg

Boys,

Got to Browns by 8am and managed to just get sharked.

Started heading east at 10.30am for about 20nm. Saw 2 fish landed about 15nm of east Browns but that was about it. Cubed for an hour and a half on dark SE of Browns. Am I retarded or were they thinner on the ground than yesterday. Fishbones did you do any good?

My call sign definitely applied today.

Did anyone nail them?

Damo?

very despondent this evening.

Johno

I was out today seen the two boats 15nm east ov browns trolled around there for nothing decided to go SE ov heatons around 1 o clock towards a few boats once got closer seen 3 boats all hooked up so cubed up and got two fin 70 - 80kg 2 more boats arrived and hooked up but then the school moved along.

We never turned a reel on REEF MAGIC and it wasn't through lack of trying I can tell you.We stayed till well after dark cubing on browns and all that was there was wall to wall slimie mackerel.

We did see one fish played and landed but overall it was quiet for us but had a great day out again and even seen a submarine.

Thanks Swano,Paul,Dave and Geoff for a top day out.

Regards Stewy

We got 3 at 33-41 and dropped a couple more on the troll about 7-8nm ENE of browns from a small patch of fish. Saw two fish in the 60's weighed at sgfc and the chat was the fish were 15-20nm ENE in better numbers than we saw but a lot of boats missed them today. Lots of sharks at the mountain making deep dropping very hard

A charter boat whose name I don't think I am supposed to mention here huntered down 5 fish to 100kg 20nm east of Browns.

My mate who was onboard said when they got to Heatons there were a stack of boats all hooked up. They trolled for an hour for zeros in that area then heading west came across a school busting up in front of them and all 4 80s on the boat went off. All landed.

I'm only spending a few hours on land over the weekend to sleep, otherwise will be offshore.

Killing me being at work today.

Boys,

Got to Browns by 8am and managed to just get sharked.

Started heading east at 10.30am for about 20nm. Saw 2 fish landed about 15nm of east Browns but that was about it. Cubed for an hour and a half on dark SE of Browns. Am I retarded or were they thinner on the ground than yesterday. Fishbones did you do any good?

My call sign definitely applied today.

Did anyone nail them?

Damo?

very despondent this evening.

Johno

Hey Johno.. no mate I dont think your doing anything wrong its just a matter of being at the right place at the right time at the moment.

We didnt get anything yet other people I spoke to last night got some really nice fish! The fish that were caught were very wide which limits a lot of boats even in perfect conditions. They seem to be coming to the surface & thats when people are spotting them & driving over them.

Anyway back out today.

Cheers

Damo

We never turned a reel on REEF MAGIC and it wasn't through lack of trying I can tell you.We stayed till well after dark cubing on browns and all that was there was wall to wall slimie mackerel.

We did see one fish played and landed but overall it was quiet for us but had a great day out again and even seen a submarine.

Regards Stewy

Great day out cheers to all, good boat and crew too will be out again with them. Not the first day to troll all day no turn a reel and won't be my last. That's fishing. Stewy I'll pm my number for possible trip next week. Check out how glassy it was at one point I'll upload pic.

Hey Johno.. no mate I dont think your doing anything wrong its just a matter of being at the right place at the right time at the moment.

We didnt get anything yet other people I spoke to last night got some really nice fish! The fish that were caught were very wide which limits a lot of boats even in perfect conditions. They seem to be coming to the surface & thats when people are spotting them & driving over them.

Anyway back out today.

Cheers

Damo

Hi Damo,

Know the feeling I threw the ropes at 6:00am on my pat malone headed to the canyons then zig zagged towards the Hill pulling some skirts I found tons of bait and sounded a few fish (type unknown) in many locations had a hit about 8nm SE of Browns never took, Radio was on the blink could hear but could not transmit tried a few times with no response. Water looked great ended up trolling back to Browns then pulled the lures in and headed in about 3:30pm just under 500 litres of diesel used, reason for going out was to give the new engines a good run they now have 14 hours on them. Well thats fishing, needless to say my knees, arms and backed are stuffed from climbing up and down the ladder to set the gear and up top up the Blazer teaser with bait, my advice don't go fishing in a Flybridge on your own too much work really paying for it today.

Regards

Bob & Robbie

Regards Stewy

We had a tough morning only landing one 35kg fish on the troll. Later in the arvo, we found the school and had them around the boat actively feeding for a few hours. Caught as many as we caught until our arms fell off. Saw one boat catching them on poppers as well. Was about 15 boats around and everyone was getting into them. By the sounds of it, 90% of boats were able to get at least one yesterday. We must have released at least 20 fish and lost a dozen more. Kept 2 for me and the crew.

Bad lucky Stewy....