Snapper for days

jordan.widz

So with the opportunity to spend a week up at Lake Cathie on the mid north coast in winter it was hard to resist the awesome snapper fishing there is to offer.

We scored beautiful conditions both days we went out off Lauriton and just spent the days exploring the many reefs out there and working them with soft plastics and bait. The new HDS 9 touch with side scan really came into its own in helping us locate the edges of the reefs and get a better understanding of what was under us, I'de say it contributed to most the fish caught, it has turned what use to be luck in finding fish into valuable knowledge.

Posted Image

On the first day out we managed 5 good pan sized snapper and my dad landed his PB being a 6kg 77cm red on a small piece of squid ring! This thing had us mistaken for a good Jew with the huge runs it was taking.

Posted Image

The second trip we made out offered even better seas than the first and the drift was perfect to focus more on the plastics. So thanks to the Pure Fishing prize pack for COTM my tackle box was filled to the brim with Gulp and just as the sun came over the horizon we were onto the snapper again this time yielding another 6 of better average size on a mix of bait and plastics

Posted Image

Posted Image

So after that success I think the annual winter trip up north is gonna become fairly popular now.

Cheers, Prawn Star

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice reds and top sounder. Is that a gulp nemesis I see hangin out of the fish's mouth? :)

It most certainly is, I just pulled out the plastic that looked the most apertising to me an luckily the fish thought so too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk