Targating Tuna with no luck, Still coming home with a feed.

Dfishin

I have been going out in search of these tuna that we are hearing about when the weather has been good. Two weekends ago we went out off kiama 60km out with no luck on the tuna but got some nice gemmies on the way back in.

Yesterday we traveled out the same kind of distance. There was a lot more bait schools around but still didnt find a tuna. Nothing from having a plonk on the bottom on the way in this time so we made the decision to have a crack at the reddies until dark on a reef in close. No reddies showed up but we did manage a nice gummy shark which is the third gummy caught from this mark in the last two times i have fished it so i am planning on targeting them next time from this reef maybe after dark.

post-17313-0-60420200-1374989526_thumb.jpg My mate mick with a stonker gemmy

post-17313-0-74020400-1374989631_thumb.jpg My brother in law with his first gummy shark and his biggest catch yet explains the huge smile.

Dave

mr.e.d.

I hold 180 L. both trips we did 130km round trip and used 80 L both trips. so good fuel economy leaving me nearly 100 L. I know you have been out with the boats from SGFC and i often see them out and about. If anticipation is organising another wide trip i would be keen as mustard if thats what your getting at ?

Dave