Under cubing and over cubing.

Would love to hear people's opinions on how much volume of pillies they cube.

Seems that some go into 100's of kilos in one day. I personally have never gone through more than half a box of wa pillies.

My idea is to throw one in and throw the other when the last one is not seen and has been successful. I have also tried heavier when the fish were on and found that the fish would never rise as they sit back and wait for the munch to come to them. Once we stop cubing they would climb and then strike.

What say you all???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hey seazar, im with you , we throw 2-3 at a time waiting for them to be just out of sight then continue.e sometimes start hard if we have marked good fish to try and fire them up. In my opinion you go too hard you will just feed them, I think its best to raise the fish once there up its happy days?? im no expect just how I fish as for ow much you use we carry atleast 20kg of pilles, any stripies are cut for fresh bait, Our first trip to Ulladulla a few weeks back saw the stripie cubes make all the difference. when they are thick don't think it matters what goes in. A mates mrs scored a 70kg fish on a arrow squid yesterday. pending aus record on 15kg. another boat scored a 58kg on 10 for another pending aus record. UGFC, has really set the bar for us all.

That's pretty much how I do it's well tho a little less pieces. I rare do more than a pair at a time.

I kind of think that heavy cubing will bring on a frenzy but in quiet times I've notice strollers of tuna with albacore. Not big amounts of numbers out there. If one cubes heavy, then those strollers will rarely come up to the line. They fill up soo quick that you wouldn't know. But if its a steady conservative flow then you might have a chance at them taking a line sunk into the cube trail. Not to mention that a multiple hook up can sometimes spook tiny schools as they are not not as protected. So the first hookup is usually the last in those situations.

This is just my opinion and I could be wrong. What do others do???

Fresh bait is great. Amongst the fact that fresh is best, you can't help but get so much more confident. And like all of us.... hope is what carries us through 10 to 20kgs of cubing. Imagining that feeling of when it will strike whilst patiently cubing. Lol

Great info mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2