Navionics or C-Map

Heymar

Hey everyone,

Looking at getting a card for my HDS12 and wondering if anyone has had experience with these cards. Looking at either the Navionics Platinum or the Top of the line C-Map. Has anyone had a play with both?

Cheers,

Mark :)

think u will find u have choice of 1 from 1 only that is compatible....navionics... I have the platinum+ on my HDS 10 gen 2 and it works great. the maps are far better than the std crap they come loaded with and are 3 dimensional also

There is normally several good displays of this gear at the Sydney boat show.

Perhaps worth a visit to check out & dicuss the the pro's & cons of both systems & have a play with the demo,s on display

Geoff

Edited by Geoff

Thanks for the replies, I'm pretty sure that Lowrance HDS touch are now compatible with both but I haven't had much to do with them. Would love to be able to get to the boat show but got way to much on this weekend unfortunately. I'll have to do some more investigation.

Cheers,

Mark.

Mark..

I went to the show yesterday and looked at the same thing.

One difference that swayed me was the depth shading .

I do most of my fishing in Botany Bay for Jews and flatties.

I noticed that the c-map has only one colour shading from 0-15 metres, so the

Majority of the bays floor looks the same colour blue.

As for the navionics ,you can see the difference between say 2m and say a 5m hole,as it is shaded a different shade of blue.

This may not be a big thing to most , but makes finding fish hidey holes a lot easier.

You don't have to keep reading the numbers off the map, just look for colour changes in the depths.

Mind you this was for the navionics gold and c-map equivalent.

The guy at the c-map stand said , maybe they will fix this with their next update in 2014, but will cost $100 for that update !!

Needless to say , I went for navionics, but that was my personal preference.

As for detail and markers etc ,they were both very similar.

Fantastic thanks for that information mate that's exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for. I'm like you mate and spend most of my time inshore so the Navionics Shading seems to be a worthwhile advantage for me too. Thanks again for that big help mate. :)

Cheers,

Mark.