What kayak to buy

roosters123

I am new to kayak fishing but i have been doing my research on what kayak is the best to buy.

Any personal favourites that are relatively cheap ($600-$700 dollar range)will be helpful. I can allow for higher prices if the quality is there

Only for use in sydney harbour and in particular the lane cove river. If possible also with peddles as it is easier, but if not its still okay.

I have been looking at the freak sports assassin, riot escape 12 angler kayak and the scorpio terrapin XL.

Any advice on these kayaks or any kayak would be helpful

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunatly you will not get a hobie kayak for that sort of money, the peddle maganism is just $700 by itself not including the kayak.

I had a mini-x with all the hatches included they are great kayaks very stable ,well worth the money . They are a SOT kayak with plenty of storage

Gidday mate, a mate recently purchased a yak from ### around the 900 dollar mark, its a great yak 3.9m wich is good as he is 6ft tall, rudder steering, good mounts , drainage and great on the water and quite easily keeps up with my Hobie adventure, for the price this is an awesome yak wich suits the Harbour or is safe and comfy outside(when the swell is down),

Cheers