Pittwater

jawno

Hey,

First post! Great website and some invlaubale amounts of information available.

Hiring a boat in Pittwater this weekend. Where are the flatties in Pittwater? Ive been trying persisetnly to catch one since ive become fond of fishing and cant seem to nail one! When i wasnt so keen it was all i seemed to catch from memory...

Going to use SP's and bait and have a crack at squiding as well. Hopefully finish up with a feed! Ive got 110mm spuidgy flick baits, 2.5" zman grubs and an assortment of other paddle tails in varying sizes. Plan to use 1/4oz jig heads to get em down but have 1/8oz and lighter (2g, 1.5g) as well.

Went out in May and got little reds, bream and a trevalley. Was good fun. No keepers or flatties though.

Plan this time to try some berley (see if that will attract some biggens), have handlines off the sides with pilchards, squid and prawns and pepper the area with plastics and see what grabs them. maybe have a few squid jigs bobbing around as well on some floats.

Also, 6lb braid and mono ok for a boat? atm i have 15lb braid and using 8lb mono? Just worried that if i run into something big on the 6lb ill lose it.

Thanks,

Jono

Didnt get much. 30cm salmon, over 30cm tailor. Just got the tailor in before it chomped the leader. Two shovel nosed rays (think thats what they are). One of the shovel nosed was at least 80cm. Got him on a hand line. And last but not least least a undersized baby snapper.

Best results were on squid I caught during the week. Worked the plastics pretty hard but no goers. Was using grubz in pearl white and motor oil on 1/4oz jigs..

Gave the palmy sand flats a go but the wind was blowing us pretty badly and our anchor wouldnt set so we moved closer to the headlabd for protection from the wind. Had a great day though.