Trim Tabs for Huntsman 23

noelguyau

Just wanted to get your thoughts on these trim tabs- Nauticus Smart Tabs SX Series.

We are going to put some Tabs on the Hunstman, but in my surfing of the internet I came across these. Just want some thoughts.

Noel.

The above Trim Tabs they look like they work by the force of the water lifting them as the speed of the boat increases, with shaft drives that may work but with legs or outboards the trim will work the same.. hydrolic Trim tabs will help with that and also help the boat ride flatter when travelling across the wind when the boat will lean into the wind, with the hydrolicly operated trim tabs you can lift that side of the boat up.

Also with the the above they will drop the nose of the boat as the power is reduced and then pulling the stern down when reversing the boat..IMO

Sorry Noel but to say that the actuators only last a couple of years....as per attached utube I would stay away from them IMO

I have hydrolic ones on my boat and have had no fuss with them and work very well.they have most likely been on the boat from new,which is 32 years young

Cheers

David

Edited by DavidA